Find a Job:
No Listed Items
View List / Apply
View / Apply
DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY POSITION)
Location: Huntington Beach, CA.
Experience: 3 years
Rate: N/A (Full-Time)
Quiksilver is looking for a Temporary Desktop Support Specialist to build, configure, upgrade, install and troubleshoot desktop operating systems; troubleshoot technical issues and ensure that all desktop systems and peripherals are operational; provide remote desktop support using LANDesk; provide support for network printers and fax machines; provide efficient and prompt customer service support to end users.
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide technical knowledge base information to the helpdesk; provide the inventory specialist with proper documentation and communication for all LANDesk child requests; recommend IT related products and solutions and determine user specifications for hardware and software.
They will also ensure all LANDesk requests are updated with due dates and completed within the stated timeline. This includes using technical notes and closing requests with proper explanation confirming user sign off; maintain daily check off lists, provide desktop setup and support, remote access support and report distribution and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Excellent communications and customer service skills with the ability to relate to all levels of technical and non-technical people
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to support and troubleshoot Windows OS. Technical knowledge of E-mail systems (Exchange, Outlook)
• Ability to support and troubleshoot Mac OS X and Apple iOS devices
• Printer set-up and computer hardware installation
• Provide technical knowledge base information to the help desk
• Ability to provide help desk support for standard software packages including MS Office products, Adobe products, anti-virus software
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• College Degree preferred
Please click apply now button below to submit your resume and be sure to let us know you found it on Malakye.com!
Add to Hot Jobs
Print this Job
E-mail to a Friend
(This link takes you to an outside website specified by the advertising company. To get back to Malakye.com, simply close the window that opens)
Copyright ©2009 Malakye