Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Resumes
 MALAKYE.COM:: DISCUSSION FORUMS : Job Search Specific : Resumes
Message Icon Topic: Volcom Post Reply Post New Topic
Endor
Forums Member
Forums Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Endor Replybullet Topic: Volcom
    Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 10:44am
Hello everybody,

I'm not shure if this is the right thread but i give it a try. Im currently applying for a job at Volcom Europe and I'm definitely not shure if portfolio is good enough. It would be cool if you give me some feedback and critiques. The job is Graphic Designer so i tried to show a short summary of my skills.

Here's a link:

http://files.me.com/endor/fz4tuj

It's an PDF and not that big. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Thank you all.

Seb
IP IP Logged
Endor
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote Endor Replybullet Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 12:36pm
For those who don't trust download links :)

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Portfolio/272139

Would be really great to get some feedback here.
IP IP Logged
Endor
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote Endor Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:24am
Isn't here anybody who can give me some feedback?! I kow I'm new to this forum but it would be great to get at least a short "I like it" or a "it sucks" :)
IP IP Logged
cwork
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote cwork Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:04am
Hey there,

I think you have showcased your skills effectively. There is a good clean organization to your layout and content. Also, I don't know much about the position or what exactly you would be designing but your work seems to fit Volcom's audience. Your logos look great, solid work! Best of luck with your application.

Chris Work
IP IP Logged
Endor
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote Endor Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 4:17am
Hey, thanks for your feedback. Glad you like it! The job seems to be about designing displays, leaflets, p.os., etc. Quite the bascics of a graphic designer. I wanted to show me free work, though. Any other feedback?! Wink
IP IP Logged
cwork
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote cwork Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 12:07pm
Have you spoke with them about what steps to take next to expedite the hiring process quicker? Do you have an interview or have you already been to one? Have they given you a practice project for you to display your skills yet? Like I had mentioned the portfolio you sent looks to be a good match for the company and the skill set of the position, it just depends on how your are going to get your foot in the door or how to further impress who ever is making the decision for hiring. Let me know.

-Chris
Chris Work
IP IP Logged
Endor
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote Endor Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 4:23am
Heard nothing of 'em yet. I got an automatic reply which says that if I don't get feedback within three weeks: I'm out :) So I have to wait till next Tuesday - doesn't look very well, though because I think they won't call me on the last day of this three weeks.
IP IP Logged
cwork
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote cwork Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 10:17am
Yeah, I see. I am going through the same aspect of trying to land that design dream job. Just keep trying, don't give up. It is really hard to get your foot in the door these days unless you know someone or you have years of experience. However, you have a good portfolio already so best of luck. 
Chris Work
IP IP Logged
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:24am
I don't know much about the position or what exactly you would be designing but your work seems to fit Volcom's audience.....
IP IP Logged
wordrox
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote wordrox Replybullet Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:56pm
Not sure if you heard anything yet, but have you called to see what is going on with the position? if you haven't called them. do it. let me know what happened as I used to work around the corner from them and I know they get bombarded with resumes. persistence pays!
wordrox
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version