Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Product Development
 MALAKYE.COM:: DISCUSSION FORUMS : In Your Profession : Product Development
Message Icon Topic: Organic cotton clothing-Need some feedback Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Buzzy
FORUM RULER
FORUM RULER

Online Status: Offline
Quote Buzzy Replybullet Topic: Organic cotton clothing-Need some feedback
    Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 6:37pm
I have a new project that I am starting on and I wanted to throw this out to the board.  It involves a high quality domestic source for organic cotton clothing and accessories.  The goods are being sourced by the same guys who started the whole niche over at Patagonia so it's grade A material. 

My goal is to get these items into the hands of companies who stand behind the green effort in the apparel biz.  So far, I've had some of my contacts embrace it and others tell me that their customers werent quite ready for it.  My question is this...Do any of my fellow posters know what companies are ready to add organic items like these to their line... but just havnt hooked up with the right source yet? 

I could easily network this to death, but I thought a post would get the word out.

Let me know...if it works out, Id be happy to include you into a piece of the action.
Buzzy...
IP IP Logged
spinjunkey
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote spinjunkey Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 12:17pm
Buzzy... Nike is a company that is committed to using organic cotton.  There are also other sports apparel companies in the Portland area such as Nau and Keen that also use organics.

Hope that helps...
~d
IP IP Logged
bounds
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote bounds Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 1:52pm
there are a lot of companies going green now...or eco smart in thier apparel choices. I am currently working on a line from a NYC company who made it in the accessories world and are now trying their hand at men's graphic tee's...I think it's awsesome. If the fit is good and the hand is soft...I will pay a few dollars more for the tee. The future starts with the tee...lol
Bounds
IP IP Logged
Delyrium
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote Delyrium Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 2:48pm
my company is going green in basics but there's no reason for us to buy it from a jobber (ie: you). haha not to sound rude i'm sorry - i think it came out that way. it's just like this... why use your nominated fabric when our factories can usually do this with their in-house sourcing. are you talking about making basic blanks out of the organic cotton?

also note... patagonia is different than most companies. they have the ability to get this "high grade" organic cotton... most companies starting out in this new organic wave will not want to spend the high dollar amount that comes with "high grade"... they just want it for sticker appeal right now.
IP IP Logged
JWh99
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote JWh99 Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2007 at 9:45pm
Bounds - your company /line you are talking about sounds intersting. I would love to hear more about it. Do you have a link?
IP IP Logged
NATOE
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote NATOE Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 2007 at 3:04am
Hey, our company is showing great interest in going with organic methods of producing fabric. Can you send me some insight on what your company offers.

ALL CITY
IP IP Logged
yolanda
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote yolanda Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2007 at 4:52pm
Hi, I am peruvian, I work for to Agency textil,  We export for several American marks, tambien we export products in Organic cotton   if you are interested notify me and , I can send them informacion of prices or samples. 
IP IP Logged
sbajko
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote sbajko Replybullet Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 11:54am
I work for AccuMed Tech and BBA FIberweb, innovative textile manufacturers. I know a few companies that are looking for greener products and some of the pipeline of the textile industry. You can check out some of our tech on www.thematerialrevolution.com or www.accumedtech.com Some of the new technology will not be on the site so I can fill you in just shoot me an email at sbajko@gmail.com

Steve Bajko
Manufacturer's Sales Rep
AccuMed Technologies
BBA Fiberweb
sbajko@gmail.com

IP IP Logged
NATOE
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote NATOE Replybullet Posted: 01 Jul 2007 at 3:12pm
Hey, I am interested in hearing more about the organic development. Send me info to-

markf@eighty888.com

Thanks!
ALL CITY
IP IP Logged
ANC.com
Forums Member
Forums Member

Quote ANC.com Replybullet Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 1:41pm
I actually just started a website at http://www.AllNaturalClothes.com .  I have some reviews up of some organic and natural clothes that you might like.  I am actually looking to improve the site so please post some suggestions for some articles, articles of clothing, or popular organic clothing companies.  Thanks and good luck, this is a great cause.
http://www.AllNaturalClothes.com
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version