Since 2006, Group Y is the original and leading collective of professionals focused on Youth Marketing, Lifestyle, and other progressive and expressive cultures. Our mission is to intersect influencers across industries and ignite ideas that inspire the current and next-generation leaders and decision-makers. Leveraging events, outreach, content, and consultation, Group Y takes the work out of networking and strengthens the areas where industries overlap.
Group Y has organized over 225 nationwide events, building a highly engaged online and live event community, and curated over 700 guest speakers from the world of business, fashion, music, entertainment, media, tech, finance, politics and more, whom all share a common talent: authentically engaging with youth culture.
Past events include:
• ComplexCon - ComplexCon(versations)
• Coachella - Live Broadcast x Coachella Curated
• Something In the Water Festival - More Than The Music Panels
• Adidas 747 NBA All-Star Weekend Festival
• Adidas #TLKS
• K-Swiss CEOs Wear Sneakers Speaker Series
• Good Is The New Cool Summit
• Agenda Festival
• Agenda Emerge
• Agenda Workshop
• Assembly Vegas
• SIMA Speaker Series
• Hall Of Flowers - Speaker Series
• ASC Action Sports + Culture
• Two Farmtables And A Microphone Dinner Series
Since 2006, Group Y is the original and leading collective of professionals focused on Youth Marketing, Lifestyle, and other progressive and expressive cultures. Our mission is to intersect...View More
ASC Action Sports + Culture Speakers Announced
with more to come!
• Aaron Levant - CEO, NTWRK
• Alyssa Roenigk - Senior Writer, ESPN
• Brett Clarke - COO, Thrill One Sports & Entertainment
• Courtney Gresik - VP & GM, DewTour
• Devin Weber - CEO, Braille Skateboarding
• Don Brown - Chairman of the Board, IASC
• Erik Logan - CEO, WSL
• J Grant Brittan - Photographer
• Jason Brown - VP Marketing, Champs Sports / Eastbay
• Jeremy Vest - CMO, Braille Skateboarding
• Josh Friedberg - CEO, USA Skateboarding
• Kim Woozy - Director of Development, Skate Like A Girl
• Nick Sargent - President, SIA
• Sean Smith - Executive Director, SIMA
• Steve Larosiliere - Founder / President, STOKED
• Tim Reed - VP, X Games
More speakers to be announced. Grab your FREE ticket today at ActionSportsCulture.com
ASC Action Sports + Culture returns October 2020 -- sign up at ActionSportsCulture.com
Group Y connected with Igloo Coolers CMO Brian Garofalow for an exclusive discussion.
There’s been a buzz around the lifestyle / action sports industry for a while now about what Brian, or “BG” as he’s best known, has been doing over at Igloo. The iconic brand has enjoyed renewed energy and success, especially at lower price points where the classic Playmate model has seen explosive growth through strong collaborations with well-known licensing partners like Disney, Nickelodeon, Andy Davis, Independent, and more.
BG shares his expertise and insight on all the pressing topics of today, including, of course, the brand’s quick pivot to address COVID-19.
Other topics covered in this exclusive 30-minute interview include…
• The role of leadership and what elements are most important during challenging times to keep Igloo’s employees safe, positive, and productive.
• Direct to consumer efforts, integration and participation of retailers.
• BG’s method for evaluating the best collaboration partners.
• How Igloo continues to connect with consumers, while also conveying its culture and remaining authentic in this new era.
• How lessons from the action sports industry translate to success on a larger scale.
• Opportunities for growth that still exist right now.
BG even offers a sneak peek at Recool, the world’s first cooler made from biodegradable materials, which aims to put an end to those dreaded “white styrofoam disposable coolers” once and for all.
14 years today, Group Y held our first gathering.
A handful of lifestyle / action sports brand marketers came together to find ways to help each other, both personally and professionally.
Our goal from then on has been to help our community to network, learn, and grow.
Since then, we have organically grown to accomplish the following:
🎟️ 225 Events — past events include producing talks for Adidas, K-Swiss, Red Bull, ComplexCon, Agenda, Something In The Water, Hall Of Flowers, Good Is The New Cool, and more.
🎤 700+ Speakers — from the world of business, fashion, music, entertainment, sports, media, tech, finance, politics, and more, all share a common talent: authentically engaging with youth culture.
👥 50,000+ Community — building a highly engaged online and live event community across 100+ industries focused on Youth marketing and culture.
We are constantly evolving, looking for solutions to help our community, especially during these times when they are challenged or trying to adapt.
📢 Each day this week, we will be announcing new platforms, events, and content that will assist with this growth.
Thank you to all for your support over the years.