We are seeking a Content Manager who will be responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of all marketing campaigns and will manage strategies around use of a wide range of social media, email, digital media, online advertising and other communication duties. The goal of this position is to deliver timely and engaging content to existing customers and to expand the company’s reach to new customers. This position is responsible for owning the execution of creative digital design and brand aesthetics, manage and coordinate assets for all campaigns to ensure that brand design is consistent across all platforms, is on-brand and aligns to the content mission, and is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice.
Our ideal candidate must be a collaborative leader and capable of managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines in fast-paced environment. We are looking for a Content Manager that is organized, hardworking, dedicated, and is experienced in managing a small marketing team. Must have outdoor industry experience and be able to work at headquarters in New England.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Own the creation and execution of the editorial calendar.
• Work with the marketing team to evolve the creative and graphical vision for the brand.
• Work with the writer to produce effective blog posts, newsletters, eBooks, case studies and other text-based content.
• Work with the photographer and videographer to effectively manage digital assets in marketing technology platforms for deployment across various internal and external communications channels. Tag and ensure libraries are organized, image rights are documented and managed, and archived.
• Develop best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies. Quickly make decisions about design, photos, illustrations, graphics, layout, formatting, colors, fonts, and other elements that align with design samples for each assigned project.
• Manage digital product assets for new and existing products, company positioning, and channel-specific enhanced content aimed at increasing sales and growing market share.
• Proactively assess and recommend improvements to the customer experience based on user research and analytic data.
• With team, develop content management strategies and workflows.
• Edit, finalize and publish all photography and video assets.
• Manage the brand’s YouTube channel and seek opportunities to expand.
• Manage the brand’s event schedule and the supporting marketing collateral.
• Manage the brand’s ambassador team and utilize acquired content efficiently.
• Manage the brand’s partnerships, which includes communication on marketing collaborations and contractual agreements.
• Create, curate and manage content for social strategies that grow brand affinity, engagement, reach, audience and conversion.
• Balance in-house content creation and outsourced content curation: Manage a network of internal and external content contributors, reviewing and editing the content on a weekly basis.
• Constantly push creative boundaries to generate fresh content that connects with audiences in new ways.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
• 5+ years related marketing experience with a proven track record of executing effective marketing campaigns and distributing content across multiple channels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in educating customers about value propositions
• A strong work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively while meeting deadlines
• Highly organized with excellent follow-through on commitments
• Proficient in all MS Office and Adobe CS applications
• Previous management experience is a must and outdoor industry experience strongly valued