International E-Z UP, Inc. (www.ezup.com) is the leader in the Instant Shelter® market with its World Headquarters located in Norco, California. E-Z UP® markets and sells the highest quality instant canopy products and related accessories worldwide. E-Z UP® is also the leading seller of custom produced canopies and accessories to customers worldwide, including to the world's most recognized brand companies who promote their brand and products through the use of E-Z UP® custom made products.
E-Z UP® has always set itself apart from other canopy makers with their innovative & highest quality products. E-Z UP® created the original Instant Shelter® in 1983 and is known worldwide as the market leader and innovator. E-Z UP desires to find a world class engineering candidate to be a key contributor in not only creating new products, but also maintaining and improving existing products and the related processes needed to ensure their quality and evolution.
This ideal candidate will have both design and mechanical engineering experience. We will also consider those that may have industrial and/or manufacturing engineering experience. He/she will be a hands-on engineer that possesses and applies his/her knowledge of engineering practices, principles and procedures in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on recreational and promotional instant canopy products. The ideal candidate will contribute in the design and development of new products and product enhancements in a way that further supports the brand that E-Z UP® has become. The candidate will be involved at every stage of the product development process, from design concept through production and ultimately to full product launch.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
• Effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with internal customers, external customers, domestic and overseas (mainly Asia) vendors, as well as with Executive and other management positions.
• Suggest and implement manufacturing technique changes and improvements that improve the product, streamline the manufacturing process and/or save in product cost.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of fundamental design and mechanical engineering principles
• Organize and maintain excellent document control.
• Perform First Article reviews with accuracy, competency and insight.
• Demonstrate the ability to balance inserting his/her expertise and experience with exercising a humble and "desire to learn" attitude.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in or lead the development of products from concept to production
• Develop product requirements according to customer and business needs
• Adhere to established design processes and good engineering practices
• Design and model products, components and devices for various product lines using SolidWorks
• Evaluate parts, products, or processes for efficiency and reliability to ensure long-term success of new / improved product lines
• Provide technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment
• Build functional prototypes and proof of concept models
• Work on special assignments as they arise
• Provide drawing control and Engineering system support (Revisions, Changes,)
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus designs, time management, professionalism, team building.
• Experience working with Asian engineering support and manufacturing services
• Strong consumer product design background – ability to keep cost low and quality high
• Strong knowledge of injection molding principles
• Excellent project leadership and ability to expedite project completion
• SolidWorks competency required
• Solid understanding of engineering mechanics and physics
• Familiarity with machine shop practices
• Familiarity of drafting standards
• Familiarity with 3D printing
Other Candidate Requirements
• Engineering related degree, with emphasis in design. Will also consider Industrial Engineers (BSIE), Manufacturing Engineers (BSMME) as well as Industrial Designers (BSID)
• At least three (2) years’ experience in similar roles or fields.
• Medical, dental, vision & supplemental benefits provided after eligibility period
• 401(k) Plan
• Sick and holiday hours
• Fast paced, business casual work environment
• Drug free environment
At E-Z UP, we are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing an environment of mutual respect to all applicants and teammates. Each qualified applicant and employee is recruited, employed, and evaluated without regard to any characteristic protected by law, such as race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, or status as military or veteran status. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, discipline and termination. We provide a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.