ThirtyTwo’s design team has a very rare and seldom seen opportunity to join the crew as Footwear Design & Merchandising Lead. If you have experience building snowboard boots, we want to talk to you!
The Footwear Design and Merchandising Lead - ThirtyTwo, under the direction of General Manager, will be responsible for:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conceive, design and execute highly technical and functional footwear concepts that are brand appropriate, innovative, commercial and unique.
- Execute design projects from concept inception through sketching, CAD’s and final tech pack including detailed functional illustrations
- Manage all design projects and workflow to ensure tracking adheres to established seasonal timelines
- Serve as Product Line Manager, working with ThirtyTwo brand team to ensure entire product category is market leading, in support of brand financial goals and consumer relevant
- Create theme and story boards, color palette and other presentation tools in order to properly communicate product line direction and facilitate thorough interdepartmental cohesion
- Work in conjunction with Footwear Development to ensure projects are developed and merchandised in adherence to brand needs and direction while maintaining design intent.
- Ensure that each project is designed and developed within target cost guidelines
- Maintain close knowledge and understanding of snowboarding as a whole, snowboarding mechanics and the needs of the ThirtyTwo target consumer.
- Be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with ThirtyTwo snowboard team in conception and development of endorsed product.
- Ensure product is thoroughly field tested by snowboard team during development process
- Ensure that brand team has visibility to seasonal product lines and that feedback is collected and integrated into product development process.
- Build strong relationships with internal, external and international partners to facilitate free-flowing communication and feedback necessary to execute product lines that support global brand goals.
- Work in conjunction with Sales departments to conceive, manage and execute SMU and off-calendar projects
- Participate and input on seasonal brand messaging as related to product, product release strategies and marketing communication
- Lead key touch-point product development meetings with ThirthyTwo brand team.
- Work on-site with overseas footwear vendors and travel as required, to carry out essential job functions.
- Present seasonal product lines at global sales meetings and demo test events
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in product, industrial or technical design
- Knowledge and understanding of snowboarding mechanics related to footwear and skateboarding as a whole
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and think creatively
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience in the Action Sports Industry.
Please submit resume and portfolio thorugh Malakye.com