We are an action sports company looking for a Controller to oversee the comprehensive financial aspects of our wholesale shoe & apparel company. As a Controller, you will monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets, manage accounting transactions and cash flow. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial data analysis and team management. You will oversee all employees involved in the accounting process, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and compliance. Ultimately, you will make sure we comply with accounting standards and tax obligations, maintain internal controls, manage cashflow, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
· Income Statement and Balance Sheet Budget & Forecast: Prepare, manage and oversee preparation of budgeting process as well as quarterly re-forecast. Preparation of brand and other templates. Preparation and analysis of monthly actual to budget reports. Presentation of budget to Executive Team and management.
· Cash Flow Forecast: Prepare and/or review & present cash forecast including payment timing and funding on a weekly basis.
· Receivables, Credit & Collections: Oversee and manage customer terms and discounts, payment arrangements, transactional and daily activities.
· Accounts Payable: Oversee overall weekly funding, 1099 preparation, approval of new vendor terms, manage and oversee procedural and transactional daily and weekly activities.
· General Ledger: Oversee the daily/weekly/annual processing of journal entries, calculation of transactions, , analysis of trial balance. Preparation of consolidation and financial statements, including brand & department P&Ls, as well as actual to budget analysis and corrections on a timely basis. Management and review of all intercompany transactions.
· Compliance: Preparation of sales tax returns and property tax returns. Provide the documents and schedules necessary for income tax return preparation.
· Banking: Correspondence with our banking institutions to handle daily transactions, obtain information for reconciliations, negotiate terms and maintain the treasury structure.
· Inventory Control – Review and responsible for appropriate approvals for liquidations, write offs, items that are out of the ordinary, approve inventory reserve analysis. Oversee inventory observation, gross margin analysis and monthly transactions.
· Annual Audit – review, approve, manage and prepare schedules provided to the auditors. Prepare consolidated annual report, financial statements, cash flow and retained earnings and notes to the financial statements. Review all potential audit adjustments and management letter.
· Actively manage the finance department’s daily operations and team.
• Work experience as a Controller or similar role
• Minimum of 7 years work experience required
• Public accounting experience preferred
• Wholesale shoe, apparel or similar experience preferred
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
• Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
• Experience with cash management and risk assessment
• Current and thorough knowledge of accounting software
• AXAPTA experience a plus
• Accounting Software experience, similar to AXAPTA, required
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• BA, BS, Masters or Similar in Accounting required
• CPA or CMA license preferred
Please submit resume and introductory letter through Malakye.com