Boardriders Store Manager - Malibu
- United States
- Malibu, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Help build and lead the first U.S. based Boardriders retail store! Opening in Malibu, California soon!
Boardriders, Inc., is a leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. Our apparel and footwear brands represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. Our Company’s Quiksilver, Roxy, and DC Shoes brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. The Company’s products are sold in more than 115 countries in a wide range of distribution.
The Store Manager operates a profitable and service minded shop through the successful development of a team that can consistently deliver results. Responsible for all aspects of managing a single store including; managing store associates and overseeing store operations to achieve sales, service, customer satisfaction and profitability goals. Work closely with the District Manager , VP of Retail, and Merchandising to ensure the right products are selected to bring into the store. Responsible for budget; including labor cost and overall expenses.
• Build, lead, mentor and develop the first US based Boardriders retail sales team
• Be the local face of the brand while networking in the local community, to identify new customers and build brand awareness
• Exemplify an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty
• Demonstrate a customer centric mindset by role modeling selling behaviors with a passion for the brand, customer and product
• Deliver results and contribute to the store's success. Awareness of and accountable to store and individual goals
• Mentor and lead staff and peers, developing individual strengths and identifying opportunities
• Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy
• Generate pride and loyalty in the store
• Ensure product is always available to the customer and represented in a compelling way
• Ensure store is consistently recovered and customer ready every day meeting brand standards on the sales floor and back-of-house
• Show our customers that we are product-obsessed and available to help navigate their own personal expression of an Outdoor Lifestyle
• Effectively perform operational functions: open and close a store, register, and back office management procedures
• Provide solutions and inspiration to customers in a fast-paced retail environment
• Proven experience building (hiring, training and developing) a retail team
• 3 + years of retail management experience, preferably with a similar brand
• Established Malibu network and strong understanding of the local retail landscape
• Strong understanding of the local Malibu surf culture
• Confident and motivated by the opportunity to interact with customers while helping them bring their individual styles to life.
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing, critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills
• Have availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings, holidays to meet the needs of the business.
• Can safely lift 30 lbs. and can maneuver throughout the sales floor and stockroom.