District Manager - NW (Based in Vegas)
- United States
- Las Vegas, NV
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Boardriders Inc is in search of a District Manager to join the team in Las Vegas, NV.
COMPANY OVERVIEW //
Boardriders, Inc., is a leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. Our apparel and footwear brands represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. Our Company’s Quiksilver, Roxy, and DC Shoes brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. The Company’s products are sold in more than 115 countries in a wide range of distribution.
As a District Manager (DM), you inspire teams to deliver experiences that build customer loyalty and guide the development of your management talent. Because each location operates sales, training, and business-focused segments, your job is complex and challenging. You lead your staff to maintain peak performance, even working side by side with them. As each store experiences vigorous growth and constant change, you continually refocus your teams on providing a quality experience for each customer at the Boardriders stores. You analyze key metrics, including customer and employee feedback, and provide guidance for each store to achieve market goals. Bridging the worlds of retail and corporate, you combine executive vision with field execution to contribute to the future success of Boardriders.
• Regularly visits all store locations within the district and acts as a liaison between assigned stores and corporate. Communicates store needs. Makes observations of merchandise needs and relates them to Corporate Headquarters. Trains and motivates teams to ensure exceptional sales.
• Directs Store Managers related to customer service, staffing levels, merchandising, store operations, and community involvement. Reviews store environments and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store management team to take action and achieve operational and sales goals.
• Regularly audits the stores within the district to ensure compliance of Store Managers with established company policies, procedures, and standards such as human resource practices, fashion merchandising, and inventory control. Works with store staff to ensure merchandising standards are being met. Directs Store Managers in solving merchandise presentation challenges utilizing company merchandising guidelines and directives.
• Reviews sales performance of stores relative to established plans and takes corrective steps to achieve as needed. Works closely with Store Managers in developing individual goal setting for sales team. Further develops store personnel's sales skills, customer service skills, and communication skills through on-going training with Store Manager and performance assessment via provided data.
• Assures the execution of marketing, sales promotion, special events, and promotional activity to maximize sales performance.
• Recruits, interviews, and hires Store Managers in assigned region when openings exist. Conducts secondary interviews for Assistant Managers and Key Holders. Ensures that all necessary new hire paperwork, background checks and drug testing is completed for management employees. Assists Store Manager in recruiting and staffing as needed.
• Ensures that stores comply with applicable federal and/or state laws. Assist Store Managers with Store Safety meetings and accident prevention programs.
• Works with Store Managers in training sales associates in POS functions and sales strategies. Trains new Store Managers in Operational and Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Effectively manage all controllable expenses and drive profitability in all aspects of store operations, achieving sales plans. Maintain each stores and the territory P&L.
• Responsible for performance management and evaluation, partnering with HR team to ensure employment practices are adhered to.
• Participate in the development and execution of Loss Prevention Programs.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS& EDUCATION //
• Minimum 5 years in store management.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a complex business across multiple locations.
• Bachelors Degree in business or related field preferred.
• Ability to travel minimum 75% of the time.
• Computer skills: Excel, Word, and MS Office.
• Experience in Retail Merchandising and Visual concepts.
• Cross-industry experience is welcome — a retail background is not necessary.
• Multilingual ability is a plus.
• You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
TO APPLY //
Please apply via the link provided and be sure to let us know industry source Malakye was your resource!