We are looking for an active, energetic, detail-oriented product designer/developer to join our team in the Foothills of Colorado. This position will interface with sales, account management, and external customers to fill the needs of external customers looking for original equipment solutions. As the product leg of the OEM team, the ideal candidate can function in a hybrid development/quality role to bring new ideas and products to market quickly and within cost parameters.
• Manage the development process through frequent and open communication with OEM Sales, OEM Account Management, Product Designers, Quality Assurance, factory partners and raw material suppliers in the USA, Europe and Asia.
• Create and execute timelines for projects to ensure on-time delivery
• Manage timelines and project load, effectively communicating with OEM Sales and Product Management to create reasonable customer expectations on timing.
• Leverage Thule sourcing and development tools to ensure our cost targets are achievable with customer expectations.
• Review prototypes based on: fit/function, construction, quality and compliance with design and cost specifications. Compile prototype comments to communicate intended or updated construction to factory partners.
• Track and manage product costs by reviewing BOMs for mistakes, suggesting alternate or equivalent materials and suggest simplified constructions or sewing methods.
• Coordinate with in-house test and prototype facilities to verify quality of products in development and rectify test failures.
• Prepare test plans for projects (based on customer’s expectations and/or Thule requirements) and ensure all materials and finished goods pass required testing
• Coordinate Thule resources to compel Final Engineering Sign Off (FESO) samples and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
• Be willing to take on responsibilities outside of your normal job when needed to support the goals of the company.
• Work with Design department as needed to:
• Find and utilize design and engineering consultants when needed (In-house or external).
• Meet project goals agreed upon with customers, including target costs, feature set requirements, and sample deadlines.
• Create/Edit specifications sufficient to communicate product ideas and sample requirements to development and vendors.
• Ultimately Provide compelling and interesting solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
RECOMMENDED POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 5+ years' experience in product development with overseas manufacturers, ideally in Cut & Sew Industry.
• Experience in quality management or quality assurance in the automotive or medical field (FESO, PPAP, Test Planning, DVPR)
• Strong computer skills including MS Office; familiarity with MS Project
• software skills including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and SolidWorks 3D CAD software is helpful.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional attention-to-detail and follow-through.
• International development travel to Asia as needed, up to 8 weeks per year.
• Ability to manage multiple products and work independently.
• Work well under pressure, juggle ever changing priorities and maintain a positive attitude throughout.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner.
• Ability to understand customer needs even when they can’t fully articulate them.
• Comfortable and Professional when interfacing with customer product teams.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.