We seek achievers, leaders, and visionaries, and we are looking for those who can grow, think, and dream. Let's create attitude.
As a member of the Burton Marketing Creative team, the Designer will work as part of a team that translates brand objectives and concepts into innovative design solutions that are authentic to Burton's identity and brand values while driving a consumer-centric point of view in all bodies of work. The ideal candidate will have an interest in living an active lifestyle, snowboard culture, the outdoors, art, music, fashion, and experiences. Our crew thinks big and executes accordingly. This is the opportunity to learn, grow, and play a key role on an industry-leading creative team.
At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton's benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
What You Get to Do
• Work on the creative execution of a wide range of projects, both digital and experiences
• Research and brainstorm with team members to create and innovate ideas/solutions
• Create identities, logos, and branding assets
• Develop comprehensive photo and creative direction documents
• Design desktop/tablet/mobile user experiences
• Create seasonal design assets and campaigns
• Be responsible for the visual appearance of pixel-perfect, organized and easy-to-understand design assets and documents
• As an expert in the digital space, youâ??re big on testing, data and stoked to help improve existing team resources to ensure best practices and a consistent look and feel
• Respond to feedback and also give constructive feedback
• Gather strong photo and video inspiration sources to create compelling proposals
• Maintain inspiration library and research new ideas and concepts for projects
• Work in a collaborative team environment
What You'll Bring to the Team
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or a related field
• 3-5 years of professional design experience
• Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, photo direction, layout, color theory, imagery composition, etc.)
• Drive to establish and lead new design trends for both print and digital - not just keeping up with the pack
• Ability to effectively communicate and articulate concepts and creative directions
• A systematic approach and the ability to work in many different styles (hand-drawn to digital)
• Basic knowledge of print process and on-press experience
• Ability to work with photographers to articulate creative direction
• Expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with emerging web technologies such as Figma, Sketch, invision, etc.
• A broad understanding for outdoor and snow industries with a passion for snowboarding
• Ability to work quickly and stay calm under pressure
• Self-motivator who can generate ideas for projects independently and collaboratively
• Laser-sharp attention to detail
• Ability to work within a team as well as independently and proactively
• • Please submit a portfolio or link to online portfolio with your application.• •
The salary range for this role is $50,000-55,000.