AtBurton, wearea purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doingit!Bringingpeopletogether, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiencesis how we ride together everyday.
Burton's benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment,ride days,casual work environment, and many more...
This role will be accountable for developing and providing oversight to the distribution network of the future so that we can align with our trail map goal of being a digital first, consumer centric, retailer of the future. You will work cross functionally and across our global regions to develop and streamline our logistics network, strategies, and best practices with the goal of creating the best consumer experience possible. You will be a key stakeholder as it relates to all things logistics and fulfillment and will partner with our supply chain, global operations, and consumer direct teams to build the best, most consistent experience for Burton's consumer. Most importantly, you need to be an outside the box thinker that is scrappy and willing to try things that may be outside your comfort zone.
What You Get to Do:
• Ensure that all regional logistics and fulfillment functions execute at the highest level to meet or exceed our financial targets.
• Evolve our last mile service in all regions to get the product to the consumer faster, with clear expectations on timing. Leverage a parcel consultant, and partner with consumer direct, to model final mile freight strategies; lower DSCs while delivering ecommerce sales lift.
• Develop a DC bypass strategy for our large wholesale customers to reduce the burden on our logistics network and increase our focus on our direct-to-consumer fulfillment. Establish pros and cons of this format and start socializing to gain buy in from stakeholders.
• Develop and facilitate cross regional inventory sharing and develop a strategy that involves delaying in transit goods to service our markets just in time. Get the product to the consumer, regardless of where the goods are in the world.
• Align our freight forwarding relationships across all regions to take advantage of better pricing, drive agility, and reduce our points of contact for inventory transportation from port to port.
• Transform our logistics network from a wholesale centric, retailer first operation to a consumer centric, digital first retail network of the future. This includes working closely with outside consulting groups to prioritize strategies, reviewing, and understanding current agreements, and submitting RFPs as we approach contract end dates.
• Additionally, this strategy should consider things like flexible DCs, unconventional opportunities (mullets, omni variations, commercial real estate outside of a logistics campus).
• Prioritize and develop a returns strategy, including plans for a facility in Canada as well as the US to maximize our ability to turn returns into sellable inventory, and ultimately cash, as fast as possible.
• Oversight of our China distribution (and W22 transition), including our account operations, licensing (audit and payment), business reviews, forecasting, product line reviews, and close partnership with trade and regulatory compliance to ensure we can properly import the goods.
• Support and empower our logistics and operations teams in each region with an eye on simplifying communication, process improvement, and alignment across the functions.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
• Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
• Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and application.
• Understanding of finance, profitability, and retail KPIs preferred.
• Demonstration of project management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
• Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Strong systems skills and knowledge of business processes at Burton.
• Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly, motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to act as both a â??playerâ? and a â??coachâ?.
Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired if they are able to move to Burlington.