At Burton, we are a purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doing it! Bringing people together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences is how we ride together every day.
Burton's benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), great parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment, ride days, casual work environment, and many more...
As the Director Product Creative, you will lead a team of experienced designers who are tasked with delivering groundbreaking, disruptive pieces that revolutionize mountain-ready technical gear, premium quality apparel, and innovative snowboarding equipment. Your primary objective is to create a positive, collaborative environment for this team of designers, acting as their center point of contact, supervisor, mentor, and coach. To do this you need to think and act as an inspirational, people-first entrepreneur, channeling a creative process through a goal- and growth- oriented mindset.
What You Get to Do:
• Ensure the design department is aware of trends and global happenings in performance gear, innovation and style, always having the target consumer in mind, to be relevant for the business.
• Create an environment with an open communication and feedback culture.
• Be responsible of fulfillment for overarching concept files, presentations and representations.
• Collaborate with Project Manager to delegate tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
• Be the bridge from Executive Creative Director to the Design Director and Design Teams in all product-related matters.
• Ensure that all efforts lead to high quality, on-brand and resonate with the target consumer group.
• Lead the multiple projects and seasonal briefs from conception to completion in accordance to gates and deadlines.
What You'll Bring to The Team:
• Experience in developing design process and inspiring innovative approaches
• Previous roles in team leadership of 10 or more people
• Excellent communication and organizational leadership skills
• Ability to interpret written or verbal briefs for a maximum output resonating with the consumer target
• Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and other colleagues within the whole company such as Merchandising, Development, and Material department.
• Excellent organizational and managing skills
• Demonstrate a high knowledge of the design specific development and production processes and procedures
• Demonstrate a high level standard of design, style and creativity withing the designers work
• Ability to manage employee's relations via listening and mentoring
• The position may require minimal travel.
• This position is in a typical, stationary office setting.
• Our HQ is based in Burlington, Vermont. We will offer relocation assistance to any candidate who is hired to assist in the to move to Burlington.
Please submit an application with resume and cover letter on why you want to work for Burton. Applicants identified for first round selections will be provided with â??Your Burton Timelineâ? encompassing what your work in this role will entail within 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months on the job. Other steps may include questions via email to gain further insight into your experience, an informal phone call to connect on details of the role/ask questions, and one or more formal interviews via Zoom.