AtBurton, wearea purpose-led brand rooted in snowboarding and the mountains. We fight for the future of our sport, people and planet and we try to have as much fun as possible while doingit!Bringingpeopletogether, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiencesis how we ride together everyday.
Burton's benefits package includes health insurance (medical, dental and vision), life insurance (company paid), flex spending, short- and long-term disability insurance (company paid), parental benefits, 401k plan with company match, and paid-time-off. Other perks include a discounted season pass, free lessons, product discounts, free demo equipment,ride days,casual work environment, and many more...
As an Apparel Technical Designer, you will collaborate with the Creative, Advanced Development, Commercialization, Asia Merchandising, and Global Quality teams to develop apparel from initial concept through production. You will translate the design vision into a consistent fit and quality level through application of 3D renderings, garment blocks, pattern analysis, fit analysis, accurate measurement specifications, and fit session management while maintaining a consumer-centric point of view.
What You Get to Do:
• Use your technical expertise to design & engineer new and innovative concepts and apparel styles.
• Maintain consistent fit through from development through production and use of standard fit blocks and fit forms.
• Draft and edit 2D patterns in Optitex or CLO; create virtual 3D prototypes garments in CLO.
• Create, update, and maintain accurate measurement specs and fit comments in PLM.
• Measure and evaluate proto samples prior to fitting.
• Conduct initial fit reviews with design and development on forms and/or virtually in CLO.
• Lead fit sessions on live models to test garment range of motion and function based on intended end use; demonstrate to cross-functional partners how to achieve the desired aesthetic and function through pattern and/or measurement updates.
• Adjust patterns and measurement specs to resolve fit issues and reflect updates made during fittings.
• Communicate with vendors on all fit, pattern, and measurement specification topics.
• Review grading and ensure proportions are maintained throughout the size range; make adjustments when necessary and provide graded measurement specs upon fit approval.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
• Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design, Patternmaking, Apparel Production, or related.
• 3+ years' experience in technical design, patternmaking, and fitting.
• Broad knowledge of blocks, grading, construction, and garment manufacturing.
• Strong knowledge of PLM and 2D or 3D patternmaking software; experience working in 3D software preferred
• Prior experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator.
• An aesthetic sense and and eye for proportion and scale.
• Keen attention to accuracy and detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and timely follow-through.
• A deadline-driven mindset with a proactive approach to problem solving and decision making abilities.
• Ability to cultivate respectful team and cross-functional relationships.