Digital Technology Manager
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
• Success is a team game
• With clarity and courage
• Better as standard
• In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
Join team Speedo, as we look to build a virtual environment to digitally service athletes and their teams. Work with a team of professionals focused on brand evolution and business results. This is an opportunity to create, build, and execute ideas that supports Speedo and Pentland’s teamwear strategy.
• Be the leading voice and go-to person for teamwear-related technology solutions
• Have a solid and detailed understanding of B2B/D2C systems and their overall end to end processes
• Ensure that Pentland’s technology supports the teamwear strategic and commercial ambitions
• Work with global teams and third-party vendors to structure digital platforms at Speedo/Pentland
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization – ensure all stakeholders have clarity of approach and clear understanding of both the objectives and the tactics of what we are doing.
• Be passionate about supporting and delivering great consumer propositions utilizing technology as the enabler to achieve this
• Constantly learning and evolving as our ambitions grow in the space of Consumer personalization and commerce.
• Collaborate to tackle complex and challenging problems, optimizing the customers’ experience with the brand
• Build strong system knowledge to understand the digital landscape and architecture to provide advice and guidance to IT and Digital team on impacts to changes and able to quickly identify the cause of issues
• Deliver technology milestones associated with approved projects
• Drive implementation of phased technology builds – across order entry, logistics, manufacturing, and reporting
• Develop data strategy to support style coding tied to promotions
• Be able and confident to take complex business problems and break them down into actionable and digestible related tasks, work with development teams in understanding how these can be delivered.
• Generate insights and uncover areas of opportunity to inform digital technology experience improvements
• Document and record all changes, successes, and failures, be confident in supporting what works, but also understanding what doesn’t, and bring the learnings to the fore.
• Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
• Troubleshoot analytics, to correct/resolve gaps in processes
• Support ongoing interface adjustments/edits
• Experience in successfully delivering a broad range of digital technologies
• Experience in Commerce platforms (B2B/D2C)
• Good cross functional experience of working with the various systems which support the process within D2C/B2B (E.G. Fulfillment, Logistics, Customer services etc.)
• Demonstratable experience of delivering large projects with numerous different teams across regions
• Comfortable in start-up/ambiguous environments, with limited roadmap
• Ability to contribute to roadmap development and execution
• Customer-centered, in design and thought, for digital experiences to market
• Cross-functional management (up, down, across organizations) – managing stakeholders and team members in different regions.
• Strong communicator, able to keep pace to goals
• Process minded individual – with the ability to think creatively
• Problem solver, skilled in obstacle resolution
• Growth mindset – commercial in their thinking both in terms of delivering the value from our solutions, but also growing our business
• Swim and/or customization background is a plus
• Experienced professional, 5-7+ years in Digital Technologies such as digital commerce, customisation, digital asset management, product information management, 3D modeling.
• Technical background – ability to understand the technical aspects of the role, core digital engines, eCommerce/B2B platforms, and how they integrate through an end to end architecture.
• Experience working on large digital initiatives, but also, the ability to scope, and organize the development and deployment of a change roadmap
• Proficiency using JIRA software and Confluence to manage product roadmaps and backlogs
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not essential
• Experience of working in an Agile methodology desired
• Build excellent relationships across a varied stakeholder base – including technical team members, and commercial and digital teams
• A timely launch of a teamwear proposition for the North America market, understanding & building on existing platforms and introducing new technology to the teams
• Build a deep and strong understanding of the teamwear opportunity, be the subject matter expert in the team in all areas of Teamwear – bring outside in thinking and help understand developments in the market
• Deliver at pace – working with third party and internal development teams – remove barriers to any successful deployment
Speedo and Pentland Brands are an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, we have a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, applicants are asked not to disclose salary history information.