Senior Finance Analyst – Functional Costs – Speedo USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
• Success is a team game
• With clarity and courage
• Better as standard
• In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
As a result of the recent acquisition of Speedo North America by Pentland, over the next 6 months, we will be setting up a new Commercial FP&A Function within Pentland North America. The immediate priorities include:
• Build understanding of department costs base across Speedo and Pentland North America across our various department in both the US and Canada.
• Build templates for department Cost Tracking across Speedo Business
• GL and Cost Centre Mapping between current Speedo to Global Pentland chart of accounts including supporting re-education to the business where required.
• Become Super User for Hyperion and SAP and become an expert on forecasting upload tool, alongside SAP analytics capability to provide efficient cost analysis.
• Partner with Department Leads to ensure full understanding of actuals and variances.
• Create Department Cost reporting that is meaningful, automated, and insightful to support decision making for leadership.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A LONG TERM IMPACT:
• Monthly Tracking and Challenging of Department Costs
• Build and maintain effective relationships with department leads across Pentland North America including becoming the go-to person for costs on Pentland North America Department Costs (i.e., Finance and Logistics Teams) including being the key contact / business partner for queries by leadership team.
• Monthly Tracking and Challenging of Functional Costs including variance explanations and presentation.
• Monthly outlooks and loading of forecasts into systems.
• Super user for SAP / Hyperion including leveraging full capability of system to develop meaningful and automated reporting.
• Manage and develop KPIs where appropriate with Department Heads and Finance Lead
• Hold department leads to account, achieving tight cost control and accuracy of forecasting.
• Work closely with the Head of FP&A to manage Global Re-charges
• Support Business Case modelling for New Initiatives and Organizational Changes
• Modelling support to department heads on new initiatives and investment requests ensuring robust financial challenge, including challenging department leads for cost completeness.
• Support financial analysis on organizational design changes, working closely with HR and department heads.
• Provide ad-hoc scenario planning and analysis for business cases and budgeting.
• Support Annual and In-Year Budget and Forecasting Process
• Work closely with Head of FP&A to support the annual and in-year budget and forecasting process for all department cost areas.
• Consolidation of department costs for Pentland North America
• Analysis of Department Costs base by department and cost buckets, including bridge analysis, comparison to historical periods to support decision making.
• Become super user for SAP / Hyperion and Reporting Tools to ensure accurate information is within the system and utilized to its full capability.
• Maintenance of risk and opportunities log to support decision making.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to senior leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Prior Exposure to FP&A or Commercial Finance with preferred experience of reporting and analysis of Functional Costs
• Presentation skills including PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills (i.e., bridges)
• Evidence of collaboration across the Finance and non-Finance community, building strong relationships at different levels of seniority.
• Financial system experience (SAP or Hyperion)
• Eye for detail, while recognizing bigger picture
• Articulate and able to explain reasons for performance, being able to spot trends and review own work for inaccuracies.
• Proactive and able to manage numerous pieces of work concurrently.
• Work effectively both independently and as a team player.
• Comfortable working with agility and pace and able to juggle and prioritize.