Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the worlds largest apparel and footwear company, comprised of more than 25 brands. We are leaders in global footwear, apparel and accessories, available in more than 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and fulfilled with our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Retail Buyer: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
You ensure that our best products are represented in stores. As the Buyer, you will be given the opportunity to plan and execute purchasing style and quantity as well as quality of merchandise in accordance with customer demand, market trends, brand direction and fiscal obligations. Here at Vans, you will be allowed to evoke your drive for results as you ensure that the maximum sales and gross margin performance are coupled with inventory management. This is an analytical jobwe need someone who is very detailed oriented and enjoys operating control-related standards and procedures. This role is very impactful for our retail division as you will utilize influential buying strategies in eagerness to see our company grow and to continue our legacy.
How You Will Move the Needle:
1. Creates assortment plan strategy in units and dollars for all stores, buys and purchases orders each season in accordance with fiscal responsibilities such as sales, margin, turnover, and works alongside the visual merchandising team in order to keep our business on top.
2. Balances overall Retail and Outlet store inventories for the company through timing the delivery of initial and replenishment distributions between DC, Visual Merchandising, IT and Store Operations to achieve the highest return on investment.
3. Maximizes sales and inventory turn by coordinating with Allocations team with consolidations and model stock levels by store to drive for continuous results.
4. Consistently reviews and reacts to sales performance/selling reports and generate pricing and consolidation directives ensuring greatest sales and margin potential.
5. Evaluates store profile by performance of product, communication and travel to the stores to manage and improve our buying strategies.
6. Collaborates with business partners such as Customer Service and DC to determine the appropriate timing of initial and replenishment deliveries and to communicate needs/strategies with the store operations team to meet these demands.
7. Plans and executes markdown strategies through reviewing sales results, researching sales and inventory sales by class each month and draws conclusions about business trends to ensure greatest margin potential for our business.
8. Strategizes opening assortments, quantities, and timing of deliveries for new stores in conjunction with Merchandise Manager, Store Operations, Real Estate and Construction.
9. Selects all products for promotional events in all stores as well as single store events and coordinates all communication with Marketing and Store operation on implementing an even strategy to execute this successfully.
10. Builds a strong relationship with the Category Director from product development to collaborate on the assortment strategy in order to make store needs known. Engages in seasonal line reviews and applies current selling and trend knowledge to support future buying strategy.
11. Develops and trains buying team to encourage a similar passion for improving our buying strategy to promote growth and success for our company.
12. Ensures that stores have sales collateral, pricing, and merchandising information in a timely manner to execute plans seamlessly. Works with Visual Merchandising team on merchandising and schematics/floor plans for maximum volume impact and visual presentation.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 6+ years of prior experience in chain-store buying, with 3+ years at an associate level.
Bachelors Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer skills to include Excel, Email and other relevant Retail applications (Knowledge/experience in AS400 and Island Pacific preferred)
Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
Establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
Read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guideline and documents.
Understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging analytical skills
Strong knowledge/experience in retail math (calculate figures and amounts)
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Minimal travel (international) required (approx. 15-20%)
Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need.
Vans Retail Buyer
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 7 days ago