Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the worlds largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Senior Construction Manager Vans: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Senior Construction Manager, you are responsible for all aspects of Store Construction within the assigned brand(s) (Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Kipling, Icebreaker, Dickies, Work Authority, Smartwool) as well as overseeing the internal Construction Management team. You play a crucial role in ensuring our assigned projects are delivered on time and on budget. We place in your hands the power to oversee a seamless transition from Construction to Merchandising. By continuously seeking to improve store presentation, you will successfully maintain or reduce costs through value engineering and the competitive bid process. You will grow strategic partnerships within the Brands that result in smooth build schedules from lease conception to store opening. Here at Vans, we maintain high levels of integrity and honesty with complete transparency, which is required of you before joining our family.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Manage portfolio of one or more brands, including two or more Construction Managers, who manage the construction process for new store and remodel projects.
2. Personally manage 5+ projects annually within the brand(s) to stay close to the construction documents and the requirements needed to execute projects successfully. Lead bi-annual architect/engineer review meetings to ensure drawings are up to date per current brand standards and building requirements.
3. Oversee fixture program for brand(s) to ensure annual bulk orders are made in a timely manner so as not to delay project schedules. This includes, but is not limited to RFPs, bulk orders, material take-offs, delivery coordination, etc.
4. Work with internal brand partners for plan approvals and to value engineer stores in the design phase prior to construction, if needed to maintain budget. Review project scope, schedules and financial reporting to minimize overall negative impact.
5. Responsible for annual portfolio budget(s) for new stores, remodels, relocations throughout the US, Canada and Mexico annually to ensure successful coordination of efforts and completion of objectives to support brand initiatives.
6. Travel to job sites, as necessary, to ensure projects are on time, on budget and as per design. Meet with city inspectors, landlord management, internal teams, and outside vendors to ensure a successful store opening.
7. Develop, negotiate and manage vendor performance program/contracts including procurement/negotiation, warranties and vendor rebate collection.
8. Maintain impeccable records on shared drive of budget, orders, contracts and schedules.
9. Prepare estimates and review work letters with Director and Real Estate team prior to monthly Real Estate Committee meetings.
10. Attend industry events for both education and increasing VF Outdoor and Action Sports brands profile in the Real Estate and Construction community.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
Bachelors Degree - BA - or equivalent from a four-year college - or 7+ years related experience and/or training - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Seven or more years of previous experience managing multiple simultaneous retail construction projects in a retail chain environment required as well as 2+ years previous experience managing internal team members.
Demonstrate the ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
Proven effective negotiator
Extreme integrity and honesty
Creativity and design interest
Outstanding interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and energy
Ability to effectively plan, organize and manage time
Ability to manage budgets and control costs (Financial Acumen)
Ability to make decisions independently with limited direction
Develops collaborative and diverse relationships
A thorough understanding of and ability to read and critique architectural and construction drawings materials and processes
Proficient computer abilities including word, power point, excel, MS-Project. CAD a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Travel by air and overnight, as required 50% amount of time (at times with minimal notice)
Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need
Sr. Manager Construction
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 8 days ago