Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Coordinator, Wholesale Marketing (Action Sports): Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Wholesale Marketing Coordinator (MC), you will be responsible for bringing the Vans brand to life, in the wholesale accounts that you support across our skate, surf, snow and BMX accounts. You should live and breathe action sports, and have a deep rooted connection to the communities in the territory you are responsible for. Your responsibilities will consist of executing best in class events, in-store visual merchandising, and activations supporting our product and brand marketing initiatives. Your success will come from partnership with various cross-functional teams at Vans including sales, brand marketing, and events teams. We are looking for a team player, with an open mind who has a passion for building deep connections with our partners and consumers alike.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Responsible for providing your account base with seasonal marketing assets to support our brand, and product stories (both in-store and digitally) across action sports retailers (skate, surf, snow and BMX)
2. In Store, you are responsible for updating and maintaining Vans fixtures, marketing assets (including windows) and visual merchandising standards for your agreed upon account base.
3. In partnership with your accounts, you are responsible for activating events that support our product and brand initiatives while inspiring and engaging the community and our target consumer.
4. Partner with sales during GTM Meetings to develop seasonal marketing plans and activation ideas to support key product recommendations.
5. Support sales team with sell-in and marketing planning support at the beginning of each season. Work closely with sales reps in your territory to develop and update go to market playbooks for each of your accounts.
6. Identify opportunities for brand activations within core channel. Work with appropriate partners (events team, brand team, sales) to activate as funded
7. Support the sales reps in product and brand knowledge sessions as time permits (particularly important during the snow season)
8. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5+ years
Excellent communication skills
Strong understanding of Vans GTM Process
Positive attitude, willingness to be challenged, take on new tasks and help evolve the NORA organization
Willingness to work weekends & travel for events as needed
Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple projects
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Experience working with fixtures and displays (added plus: ability to develop brand and product displays utilizing materials such as vinyl, plywood and metal)
Educational/ Position Requirements:
A Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience working in the action sports industry, in apparel/ footwear is a plus.
Must have a good working knowledge of Mac & Microsoft Office programs
Must have a qualifying driving record
Must have great credit and be capable of accomplishing extensive expense reports in a timely manner
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Travel by air and overnight, as required approximately 50% amount of time.
Lifting and/or bending, 20lbs amount of weight.
Comfortable working with fixtures, and event materials (tents, tables, displays)