Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Lifestyle Brand Marketing Coordinator (North America): Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As part of the North American Marketing team, you will be a key player in ensuring that Vans marketing continues to deliver best in class leading programs. With your finger on the pulse of cultural trends and interest in culture with strong skills at project management, you will support the lifestyle brand marketing team across brand campaign programs, music and arts programs, ambassador relations, and grassroots partnerships. Your dedication, interest in street culture, the arts, music, including urban genres, and attention to detail will make the North American Lifestyle Brand Marketing team the most efficient team in the industry, enable us to be a globally consistent and locally relevant brand. Your passion for collaborating, organizing and helping others is infectious and will put you at the center of a brand that continues to write history and is at the forefront of marketing innovation, design and culture.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Supporting the North American lifestyle brand marketing manager, you will track and manage day to day needs of assigned projects including: Global brand campaigns, Custom Culture arts program, Give A Band Music Grant, college marketing programs, and music and arts partnerships.
2. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
3. You will assist the team in ideating, plan building, and recapping programs via the go-to-market process.
4. Liaison and partner with events team on promotional item ideation and ordering and project needs.
5. Collaborate with North American music and art ambassadors for ongoing product seeding and project needs.
6. Partner with PR team for production and fulfillment of seasonal seeding kits for key stories.
7. Attend lifestyle events and festivals to support onsite ambassador activations as needed.
8. While working in a fast-paced environment, you will liaison with creative teams to manage asset creation and distribution to cross-functional partners to ensure on-time and cohesive story launches and event promotion.
9. Manage project trackers to ensure cross-functional marketing needs as well as manage database.
10. Place check request, process invoices, complete expense reports and partner with Customer Service to meet close of sale deadlines and place large scale product orders.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field preferred and/or a minimum of 3 years in marketing or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience working in music, art, or entertainment a plus.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Travel by air and overnight, as required 20% of time.
Lifting and/or bending 30 lbs. of weight.