Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Customs Compliance Coordinator: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
By joining the Customs Compliance team, you will contribute to the overall success of the Global Customs and Trade team by helping to ensure on-time customs clearance of the Vans products arriving to U.S. ports of entry. You will work closely with customs brokers, resolve issues that would cause delays and ensure VF is compliant with US customs laws and regulations.
In addition to Vans, you will have exposure to the other VF portfolio brands; such as The North Face, JanSport and Eagle Creek.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Research, interpret and communicate customs rulings, laws and regulations in order to support seasonal line planning, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) assignment and costing process.
2. Facilitate a smooth and on time customs clearance by acting as a liaison between customs brokers and internal team.
3. Monitor and updates the companys global trade management system to ensure timely and accurate HTS classification.
4. Monitor and resolve issues in the companys global trade management and partner with internal and external resources where necessary.
5. Audit customs entries for correctness and log results in post entry database. Report findings to Customs Manager for any necessary post-summary corrections.
6. Assist in gathering and analyzing data to support companys duty drawback program.
7. Create documentation for export shipments to ensure compliance with customs export regulation.
8. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
⏵ A Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Customs Compliance, import or inbound logistics field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
⏵ Experience working in the footwear and apparel industry preferred
⏵ High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
⏵ Ability to manage and organize large amounts of data
⏵ Experience with SAP or other enterprise systems desired
⏵ Ability to work in a fast paced yet casual environment
⏵ Ability to enhance and implement best practices with a mindset toward continuous improvement
⏵ Ability to solve complex business problems with forward thinking solutions
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
⏵ Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% amount of time.
⏵ Lifting and/or bending 25 lbs of weight.