Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1.We are determined.
2.We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3.We are inclusive.
4.We are expressive and fun.
5.And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Sr. Merchandise Manager, Customs: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Vans Customs have been a tradition since 1966, when Paul Van Doren made shoes with any fabric people brought by the shop. As the Sr. Merchandise Manager of Customs, your responsibility will be to execute business strategies to drive growth and feature development to enable creativity through our Customs platform. In this role, you will be responsible for driving product merchandising and innovation,optimizing the customer experience and executing online marketing activities and analytics. You will partner with cross functional teams including Product Design/Development, Retail Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Site Experience, Supply Chain, Platform Operations and Customer Service. You will be driven by understanding market trend, data analysis and a strong creative understanding of our Brand.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Partner with Product Design/Development to deliver seasonal assortment plans and product strategy.
2. Partner with Digital Marketing and DTC eCommerce teams to develop and execute a marketing calendar for email and site updates, including homepage updates and content refreshes.
3. Partner with Retail and Digital Marketing teams to develop strategies and campaigns that effectively drive awareness and engagement to the platform via various channels, including paid search, organic search, email, affiliates, display, retargeting, brick and mortar and social.
4. Lead optimization efforts and develop a roadmap of site enhancements to drive engagement, increase conversion and reinforce a positive brand experience.
5. Lead content management and ensure new swatches and recipes are set-up on time and merchandised according to analytics, testing data and relevant strategies.
6. Partner with Customer Service to understand customer feedback and implement changes to improve customer experience.
7. Continually seek to improve the digital experience by researching and staying informed of new and innovative capabilities, key competitor actions, industry trends and emerging market needs.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
⏵ Bachelor's Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
⏵ Previous eCommerce experience in a buying and/or merchandising capacity preferred
⏵ Experience in Retail Stores environment highly desired
⏵ Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
⏵ Coremetrics, Google Analytics, Tableau or other Analytics tools experience helpful
⏵ Proficient in eCommerce and retail industry advancements, trends and initiatives
⏵ Excellent analytical skills with the ability to convert raw data from multiple sources into actionable insights
⏵ Advanced in Excel & PowerPoint
⏵ Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
⏵ Effective presentation skills, ability to communicate technology solutions to non-technical business people
⏵ Self-starter that can work independently as well as part of a team
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
⏵ Minimum travel required (approximately 5%)
⏵ Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
⏵ Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need