Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Market Loss Prevention Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Market Loss Prevention Manager, you will have the critical function to support an entire market and serve as the subject matter expert in loss mitigation. You will have the great responsibility to own and oversee all matters and investigations of internal and external theft. You will work closely with retail partners to develop thoughtful actions plans and exercise practical judgement to drive shrink reduction. You are a teacher who will coach, develop and train on loss prevention and operational excellence through meetings and audits. Your passion and drive are contagious and helps you to gain buy-in and influence key stake holder decisions. Your ability to cultivate strong relationships will be critical to your success with the Regional Director and District Sales Managers you support.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Support all Loss Prevention functions in a market of 40-50+ retail locations across multiple brands.
2. Execute brand and VF audit programs to drive loss prevention and operational compliance and evaluate store performance.
3. Educate store teams regarding loss prevention policies and practice.Partner with store and district managers to develop action plans to improve results.
4. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
5. Execute the high shrink target store program for markets highest shrink stores. Program includes training, meetings, and executing shrink reduction strategies.
6. Operation of loss prevention equipment such as exception reporting, case management systems, alarms, safes, counterfeit detectors, CCTV and EAS to support the stores shrink and building security.
7. Investigate, interview, and resolve all issues related to internal and external theft in the market.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years
⏵ Ability to read and interpret documents such as employment handbook, safety rules, and policies and procedures manuals.
⏵ Ability to write routine business correspondence and calculate figures such as discounts, interest and percentages.
⏵ Possesses experience in analytics, able to draw conclusions from data sets.
⏵ Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
⏵ Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
⏵ Bi-lingual English/Spanish required (depending on assigned market).
Educational/ Position Requirements:
⏵ A minimum of 2 years Store Manager experience in the Retail field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
⏵ Relocatable within the USA for the Market Manager role and subsequent opportunities.
⏵ Completed VF Internal Transfer form submitted to Recruiting with application.
⏵ Wicklander certification a plus
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
⏵ Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 50lbs, depending on need.
⏵ Must be physically capable of working in conditions normally associated with merchandise warehouse or distribution center, such as, but not limited to, warm and cold temperatures, seeing and hearing moving equipment to stay out of harms way, and continuous power equipment.
⏵ Travel by air and overnight, as required 50-70% of the time.
⏵ Must possess and maintain valid drivers license.
⏵ Must possess and maintain reliable transportation