Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Coordinator, eCommerce Marketing: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, our purpose is to enable creative expression - and inspire youth culture - by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self. We are searching for an individual that stands out from the rest; one who catches our eyes with their confident demeanor and unwavering curiosity. In this role, the Coordinator of eCommerce Merchandising is responsible for the product catalog and the purchase order process for assigned categories. This individual will support the Manager of eCommerce Merchandising by maintaining purchase orders, managing receipt flows, preparing product for site photography, providing input on merchandising and sequencing product within the sales catalog, and reacting to various needs of the business for US, Canada and Mexico. We need a visionary, with a stream of innovative ideas, who will help Vans transform the action sports industry.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Enter Purchase Orders for web categories, making certain Purchase Orders meet specific deadlines. Responsible for PO maintenance and order tracking, and item definition in Island Pacific.
2. Assists in developing assortment plans, sales forecasts, writing reports and analyzing sales figures. Assists with reviewing and reacting to sales performance and selling reports.
3. Actively participates in user acceptance testing for site enhancement projects.
4. Coordinates photo shoot process; gather sample product to ensure timely and complete labeling, delivery and return from studio, assist with alternate shot lists and missing images. Maintain image directories and archives.
5. Assist the Merchandising team with all reporting aspects and coordinates the merchandising calendar.
6. Owns sample coordination, cat b process and the ecommerce sample room maintenance.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
⏵ Associate Degree or equivalent in Fashion Merchandisingor related field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
⏵ Experience working in eCommerce
⏵ Understanding of online technologies.
⏵ Microsoft Office products experience.
⏵ WCS, Coremetrics, Island Pacific, and Google Analytics experience helpful.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
⏵ Willing and able to work additional hours when needed.
⏵ Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 lbs, depending on need