Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Go To Market Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Go To Market Manager, your efforts will be at the epicenter of driving future planning and story coordination of Global Product, Brand, Sports and Product Marketing stories each season to keep Vans at the forefront of creativity and youth culture. You will have expertise in project management, understand how a Product lifecycle and Marketing campaign are developed, understand the Sell In process from Product Merchandising and Marketing to Sales, both Wholesale and Direct to Consumer, across single and multiple seasons. You will partner with key executives in Product Merchandising and Brand, Sports and Product Marketing as they develop Sell In tools and stories each season, which offers a unique vantage point across the holistic business. This role will support Product, Marketing and Sales teams and the tools used for Vans global communication for our most important Brand, Sports Marketing and Product Marketing each season. Your hard work will provide efficiency for our Global organization and assist Vans in reaching our long-term brand and financial goals. You have an inherent passion for leading change, organization, collaborating cross functional teams, learning about International and Domestic business and the development of Product and Marketing Strategy. If you have a passion for action sports, art, music and street culture, you will have visibility to projects on the forefront of design and culture.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Organize and deliver Global Go To Market content that all Regions use to sell Vans most important Brand, Sports Marketing and Product Marketing stories each season around the world.
2. Manage project timelines for Global Product Merchandising & Global Product Marketing leading in and out of each Product line review, seasonally.
3. Publish calendars to provide visibility cross functionally for future seasons strategic development of Brand and Product stories that lead Global Product & Marketing and our 4 Regions.
4. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
5. Assist in the development of Global Strategy documents for future Brand & Product Marketing key initiatives.
6. Deliver an excel and Keynote 3-month view of all future milestones to all Regions and Global Product & Marketing functions, monthly to proactively drive the business forward.
7. Plan and coordinate fun, team building dinners & activities for the Global leadership group twice a year in partnership with International Product & Marketing teams.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
⏵ A Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3 years general management experience in the Go To Market, Product or Marketing field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
⏵ Experience working in the Action Sports, Sports or Street Fashion/ Fashion industry
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
⏵ Travel by air and overnight, as required under 25% amount of time.
⏵ Lifting and/or bending amount of weight.