Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Senior Project Manager, Direct To Consumer Supply Chain: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
By exhibiting your strong relationship-building skills, youll become a representative for the Vans and The North Face Merchandise Planning and Allocation teams in regards to their current and future technology initiatives.
You are successful when you can ensure the best fit processes and solutions while mitigating the risks of implementation. By leveraging your partnerships, knowledge and advocacy you enable the Merchandising, Planning and allocation teams to focus on driving business results.
The tools you implement will allow the teams to work in optimal ways and achieve business goals for revenue, margin and inventory productivity.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Be the representative and the advocate for Vans and The North Face Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) organizations including Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, eCommerce and Supply Chain. Manage initiatives and pilots in those areas including Allocation, DRP, data analysis, triaging/troubleshooting and providing thought leadership on solutions.
2. Be familiar with the brands, business models, existing technology and markets.Understand brand business objectives, goals and priorities as they relate to our DTC strategy. Represent brands in all program activities; actively seek deeper business involvement when appropriate. Support project momentum while minimizing business interruption.
3. Develop User Acceptance Testing approach, document test scenarios, coordinate and ensure appropriate representation and participation across all environments.
4. Leverage industry leading practices wherever possible; look for commonalities across both brands and facilitate agreement on those commonalities.
5. Drive project momentum and create general awareness by facilitating communication with different stakeholders; Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, eCommerce, Supply Chain, Digital Technology, cross brands, etc.
6. Document department reporting needs, coordinate with other business initiative leaders.
7.Determine future resource needs to facilitate timely execution of work stream initiatives.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A Bachelors degree in Business, Technology or related field and a minimum of 5-7 years broad business experience, preferably in the implementation of global business project initiatives or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Experience working in the Retail industry
• Masters Degree is a plus
• Proficiency with project-based tools such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint as well as others (ex. Jira, wikis, defect trackers)
• Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with local and remote key leaders and team members
• Proven track record working with Project & Change Management principles and methodologies in regional & global project delivery (preferably in a retail organization)
• Ability to identify dependencies between new and existing technology and business processes
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to take a new perspective on using existing solutions
• Adept at identifying high-impact issues and risks to escalate for executive review
• Consulting background is a preferred. Internal consultant/project manager experience also applies.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including highly refined public speaking skills to manage challenging public situations effectively. Experience in presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
• Experience and ability to work independently as a member of a virtual or geographically dispersed team.
• Ability to lead and influence others who do not directly report to the Project Manager
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel by air and overnight, as required 25-50% amount of time.
• Lifting and/or bending 20 lbs.