Position: Project Manager, HR Project Polaris
By exhibiting your strong relationship-building skills, youll become a representative for the HR Polaris Project encompassing the broad range of technology impacts on our organization and our people.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Represent and advocate for the HR project initiative across multiple brands and functions
• Quickly learn VF and their brands, business models, HR model, existing technology and markets. Represent HR and employee impact in all program activities; actively seek deeper business involvement when appropriate. Support project momentum while minimizing business interruption.
• Leverage industry leading practices wherever possible; look for commonalities across both brands and facilitate agreement on those commonalities.
• Assist in development and execution of a change management plan including organizational changes, job task modifications, KPI definition and end-to-end communication.
• Document test scenarios and scripts, coordinate and ensure appropriate representation and participation across all environments.
• Manage communication between stakeholders communicate project status, raise issues as needed, organize meetings, align calendars, manage meeting spaces, etc. Support the project momentum and general awareness.
• Collaborate across the HR Project teams, lead project imperatives, prepare presentations, metrics, and HR project updates.
• Document department reporting needs, coordinate with other business initiative leaders.
• Participate in sprint planning prioritization for additional capabilities and enhancement
• Determine resource needs to facilitate timely execution of HR impact from work stream initiatives outcomes.
Skills for Success:
• A Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6+ years broad business experience, preferably in the implementation of global business project initiatives or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum 4 years experience in Project Management
• Proven ability to develop trust-based relationships with local and remote key leaders and team members
• Experience working in a matrixed organization and or working cross functionally on large scoped project management
• Ability to identify dependencies between new and existing technology impacts and business processes.
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to take a new perspective on using existing solutions.
• Adept at identifying high-impact issues and risks to escalate for executive review.
• Proven track record working with Project & Change Management theory and methodologies in regional & global project delivery
• Consulting background is a preferred. Internal consultant/project manager experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including experience in presenting to and influencing senior leadership.
• Experience in large group facilitation of workshops and working sessions.
• Experience and ability to work independently as a member of a virtual or geographically dispersed team.
• Ability to lead and influence others who do not directly report to the PM.
• Proficiency with project-based tools such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint as well as others
• PMP Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is preferred.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel by air and overnight, as required 25-50% amount of time
• Lifting and/or bending 20 lbs