Vans: Be a Part of the Original
It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the worlds largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individuals pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Creative Director, Americas: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Our mission is to empower youth-culture and creative self-expression throughaction sports, music, and street culture. As Creative Director for the Americas at Vans, you will uphold the Global Creative Vision, the creative lens through which we execute our marketing strategy, by delivering globally aligned and locally relevant creative assets across all consumer touch points through their journey from awareness to conversion.
You will be responsible for owning and managing the overall creative output for North, Central, and South America regions, which includes maintaining a high level of creative excellence with the global brand strategy, visual guidelines, look and feel and regional translations of messaging through all channels of communications and activations that pertain to your regions.
You will help define and steer how Vans adapts to the ever-changing modern digital landscape to meet the youth audience where they are and create meaningful engagement with our brand.
In this position, you will cultivate the marketing strategy, assuring it gets honed into a sharp creative brief.
To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market is expected.
On a regular basis, you will collaborate with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product to make sure creative delivers on needs for retail and packaging.
The Creative Director, Americas will have with have dual reporting lines to the Global ECD and VP Marketing, Americas. There will be an open and regular line of communication with the VP Global Creative and/or the Global ECD to discuss creative direction and problem solve any challenges that they may encounter in their regions.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Oversee all creative categories including Advertising, Graphic Design, Content, Activation, Digital, Environmental and Store Design.
2. Wholly own multiple categories and oversee ongoing, multi season campaigns, understanding their relationship to the overall global marketing strategy.
3. Bring fresh thinking and experience to help navigate and cut through the modern digital-first marketing landscape.
4. Work closely with the Global ECD to hire, manage, and mentor dedicated creatives, such as ACDs and Art Directors, to build and lead a dedicated team of best-in-class talent for the region.
5. Leverage your diverse experiences and background to provide a unique perspective and fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
6. Maintain a strong partnership between the Americas and the Global Creative Department through a culture of sharing and frequent touch points.
7. Approve photographers, locations, styling, and edits from photoshoots.
8. Collaborate with global counterparts on projects briefed in that require larger creative efforts, globally aligned stories and original content efforts.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
A minimum of an Associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
8+ years design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
If no degree is possessed, then 810 years related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
4-6 years of supervisory experience required.
Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography
Fluency in current advertising, design, and fashion trends expected
Ability to steer and motivate a culturally diverse team
Strong communicator, able to inspire and influence