Vans Coordinator, Merchandising, Americas
Join the Vans Family
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We are Determined. We are Connected to our consumers and to each other. We are Inclusive. We are Expressive and Fun. Most of all, we are a family.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate and environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
The Americas Merch team enables creative expression by delivering powerful data-driven, consumer-right product assortments that meet or exceed the Americas revenue targets & ensure mutual profitability with our partners.
We step towards each other when challenged, hold each other accountable to deliver, and always bring the right vibe.
MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR AMERICAS
Responsible for Americas region product merchandising coordination of Footwear and Apparel. You will support the merchandising team from line-list to samples, but most importantly, will drive harmonization across footwear and apparel processes. In this position, you will be the glue that holds the team together, the first point of contact from cross functional partners, and the true embodiment of Van Doren Spirit. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, then Vans is ready to hear your voice and make your contributions known worldwide.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
For Merchandising Operations:
• Manage line list creation and updates in PLM systems (Flex/Enovia)
• Drive aligned process across Footwear & Apparel sales tool creation
• Manage department SharePoint Site
For Category merchandising:
• Manage Salesman Samples from processes to physical samples in office.
• Manage and assist catalog development
What success looks like:
• Contributes to positive team vibe as a collaborative, self-motivated, and accountable individual
• Become the department expert on PLM systems
• Develop and enforce efficient processes
• Develop strong cross functional partnerships
• Understands and embraces consumer and culture
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills across NORA Merch, Global Product, Americas Commercial Teams, Country Merchandisers, Creative Team, GTM Manager, etc.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining organization, understanding priorities, time management, and follow-through.
• Adept problem-solving skills and the ability to strategically and act tactically
• Comfortable in self-starter environment and acts as an owner
• Computer Skills Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, Keynote, DAM, Tableau, Coupa, PLM, etc.
• Ability to work in an open environment
• VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Moderate travel of about 10% required
• Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
• Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25lbs, depending on need
Whats in it For You
Were in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. Thats why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, were the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on Looking to Join VF? to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the worlds largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. Its the reason we come to work every day. Its a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?