Join the Vans Family
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We are Determined. We are Connected to our consumers and to each other. We are Inclusive. We are Expressive and Fun. Most of all, we are a family.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate and environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Sr. Director, Global Portfolio and Program Management
As the Sr. Director, Global Portfolio and Program Management, you will have overall responsibility for the Vans global digital portfolio roadmap, collaborating with Vans leaders to prioritize and sequence capabilities across functions, regions and channels. You will partner with the VF Digital Technology team to articulate and be an advocate for business and consumer experience objectives. Your ability to see the bigger picture and influence leaders at all levels will allow you to help connect the dots in complex situations involving competing priorities. You will focus on cultivating strong relationships that lead to collaboration and alignment of stakeholders within the brand and across VF.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
• Develop, drive, and evangelize the vision for our global digital portfolio and program to create a best-in-class consumer and employee experience.
• Based on your understanding of brand strategies, priorities and resources, you will sequence capabilities and features across functions and regions, clearly articulating and communicating the digital vision, roadmap and key decisions points.
• Collaborate with our Digital Technology partners and Brand Leadership for delivery of best-in-class experiences that meet business and consumer needs.
How you will do it:
• Develop a deep understanding of projects within the brand portfolio, initiating cross-program portfolio synergies and dependencies.
• Communicate status, issues, risks, project goals, and objectives to Brand Leadership.
• Define measurable metrics of success and drive accountability across teams.
What success looks like:
• You will have established yourself as the leader of our Digital Portfolio among brand leaders and stakeholders and establishing a cadence to review, align and adjust our global digital portfolio roadmap.
• Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 12+ years
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
• A Bachelors degree in Business or Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 10 years general management experience in the Digital Business or Technology fields or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel by air and overnight, as required 20% of the time.
What we expect you already know:
• Experience managing large agile projects in a dynamic environment with demanding cost, timing, and customer considerations
• Action-oriented, customer-focused, and able to measure success to help drive future direction
• Strong background in driving transformation across multiple groups with competingpriorities
• Highly effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
Whats in it For You
Were in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. Thats why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, were the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on Looking to Join VF? to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the worlds largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. Its the reason we come to work every day. Its a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?