Join the Vans Family
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We are Determined. We are Connected to our consumers and to each other. We are Inclusive. We are Expressive and Fun. Most of all, we are a family.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Wholesale Marketing Manager, Lifestyle
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team to create, implement and measure channel and account-specific marketing programs. You will blend your strategic thinking with the ability to think about consumer-centric marketing and identify future trends and opportunities. You will become part of a team that drives the business in the Lifestyle Consumer Environment while you build robust marketing plans that connect target consumers to our brand and products. Additionally, you will make an impact with your passion for collaboration as you partner internally and with account counterparts to bring marketing programs to life.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
• With support of the Marketing Director, you will be directly responsible for the marketing initiatives across the Lifestyle Consumer Environment across the US Wholesale landscape. (Includes Value Channel to our Best Level Accounts)
• Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Vans product categories. You will work closely with the Americas product merchandising team to align seasonal marketing plans with seasonal product assortments.
• You will also partner with Americas product marketing, merchandising and sales to build plans for regional and account-specific projects as needed. You will be responsible for briefing these needs into creative teams, internal/external counterparts & agencies.
• Own and manage a marketing budget. This includes future planning and up-to-date tracking throughout the year.
• Report on efforts, by diving into the results, learnings and defining appropriate KPIs
How you will do it:
• You will develop a fact based POV on the target consumer and marketplace, and will constantly share information across the Vans organization. To stay connected to this consumer, you will travel the market, attend appropriate events, and develop strong connections with our account partners.
• You will become the marketing expert across this environment, which will help you identify new opportunities for brand and product activations across the account landscape.
• You will develop strong working relationships with account partners and lean on internal team members to support and provide thought leadership as you develop in the role.
• This role requires a detail-oriented person with a growth mindset, who can juggle multiple projects at once, while building strong relationships with cross functional counterparts.
What success looks like:
• Increased brand affinity from our target consumers
• Your work will further elevate our brand and marketed product stories within the Lifestyle consumer environment.
• Your addition will enrich our marketing capabilities, and you will provide strategic thought leadership that enhances our plans, while driving against both our global and regional objectives.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7 years
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
• What we expect you already know: • Have a thirst for knowledge, and strong understanding of in-store visuals, trade marketing trends, tools and best practices
• As it relates to shopping habits: Digital marketing opportunities and marketing best practices in an ever changing brick and mortar + digital landscape
• Have a strong understanding of consumer needs and marketplace trends (added plus if this is in the footwear space)
• Must be a strong communicator who is comfortable presenting on a regular basis.
• Must be a detail-oriented team player. Your ability to project-manage, act tactically and problem solve are essential to this role.
• What we will teach you:• About our product segmentation and brand positioning
• Who your cross functional and account partners are
• About the Vans go-to-market process, product and marketing calendars and overall product and planning cycle
• VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
Whats in it For You
Were in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. Thats why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, were the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on Looking to Join VF? to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the worlds largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. Its the reason we come to work every day. Its a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?