Basic Functions• Assists the Store Sales Manager in all aspects of store operations.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in generating store profits by maximizing sales and controlling inventory and expenses.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in implementing all Williamson-Dickie Retail Stores Co. policies and procedures.
• In the absence of the Store Sales Manager, assumes the full duties and responsibilities of a Store Sales Manager, except as noted under staff supervision duties.
• The Assistant Sales Manager works on opposite shifts to the Store Sales Manager.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by supervisor
Specific Functions, Duties and ResponsibilitiesSales Generation• Assists the Store Sales Manager in achieving monthly sales plan projections through personal selling and management endeavors.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in maintaining a well-trained staff of Sales Associates who are able to promote The Williamson-Dickie Retail Stores Co. products and image.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in using inventory guidelines to maximize sales and stock turnover through specified procedures.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in developing a regular clientele and in servicing their needs within Company guidelines.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in recognizing industry trends, and reports these trends to the Store Sales Manager.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in maintaining awareness of competitive activity, and communicates issues to the Store Sales Manager.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in purging inventory of defective/damaged goods by implementing clearance procedures and damage out procedures, with Store Sales Manager approval.
Customer Service• Assists the Store Sales Manager in maintaining well-trained Sales Associates and ensuring good customer service.
• Manages staff to maximize customer service needs during peak daily, weekend and holiday periods.
• Helps ensure that all staff successfully completes Company-required training programs.
Staff Supervision and Training• Under the direction of the Store Sales Manager, ensures that all duties assigned to Sales Associates are executed.
• In the absence of a Store Sales Manager, ensures that the store is staffed to meet scheduling needs and performance standards.
• Supervises Sales Associates during any period of time or shift the Store Sales Manager is not on duty. This includes assigning work and performing training, but does not include hiring, disciplining or termination decisions.
Merchandising• Assists the Store Sales Manager in implementing all basic Company merchandising principles and standards for proper sales floor display.
• Under the direction of the Store Sales Manager, sets up signage and display of all catalogs, newspaper advertisements and seasonal promotions, as directed.
• Ensures all stock is represented on the sales floor.
• Sees that the store adheres to Company housekeeping policies.
• Reports product problems to the Store Sales Manager.
• Helps protect store gross margins by ensuring accuracy in retail pricing issues, to include current price cards, clearance pricing, promotions and damaged merchandise markdowns.
Expense Control• Assists the Store Sales Manager in ensuring that payroll guidelines are followed.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in controlling all variable expenses of operating the store within established approval levels.
Daily Store Operations and Documentation• Helps ensure that all day-to-day activity is carried out according to Company policy and procedures.
• Helps complete all forms and documents as required and within necessary time frames for all operational, merchandising and personnel administration issues.
• Helps fulfill requests for detail from Home Office.
• Uses and manages all POS equipment and functions as determined and intended by the Company.
Protection of Company Assets• Assists the Store Sales Manager in accounting for all merchandise movement into and out of the store.
• Helps check for accuracy in paperwork and POS system to prevent fraud or book losses.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager with preparing for and taking physical store inventories.
• Helps protect Company assets by taking necessary security measures during and after store operating hours.
• Reports all cases of suspected internal and external theft to Store Sales Manager.
• Possesses and controls personal premises key.
• Assists the Store Sales Manager in filing necessary freight claim forms.
• Sees that all funds and deposits are secured each day.
Store Maintenance and Appearance• Assists Store Sales Manager with maintaining overall physical sales floor presentation (e.g., walls patched/painted, carpets cleaned as necessary, windows washed, stockroom organized, etc.).
• Presents major repair/maintenance needs to Store Sales Manager.
Self-Development• Through guidance from the Store Sales Manager and General Manager - Retail Stores, enhances job knowledge and management skills to become prepared for a Store Sales Manager position.
• Advances personal job knowledge and management skills through reading and other means.
• Participates and succeeds in Assistant Sales Manager training programs.
Physical Capabilities Required• Stamina to fulfill the work requirements of up to a 40-hour work week, to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs in products using proper equipment and techniques.
• Ability to use all equipment, ladders and fixtures provided by Company to merchandise the store and complete other job duties.
Skills, Attributes and Experience Required• College degree or equivalent retail management experience.
• Proven sales ability.
• Effective leadership skills.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical ability.
• Effective problem-solving ability.
• Basic merchandising ability.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Professional appearance and presentation