Color and Material Designer
- DC Shoes, Inc.
- United States
- Huntington Beach, CA
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
DC Shoes is in search of a Color & Material Designer to join the team in Huntington Beach, CA.
Position Summary //
In collaboration with footwear merchandising, footwear design and the materials team, this design role will be responsible for creating trend relevant color and material combinations for our new and carry over models.
• Knowledge of footwear materials, footwear construction, colors, and design processes is important. Keeping organized and maintaining design timelines.
• Utilize knowledge of category specific consumer trends and culture to improve product performance, costing and appearance. Knowledge of the skate lifestyle markets is important.
• Keep up to date on competitor products, consumer retail habits and market trends.
• Create seasonal color stories based off creative direction and trend research that speaks to the DC Shoes consumer.
• In combination with color, apply materials and create detailed CADs for development. Color and Material Designers will also manage and create color-merchandising sheets in collaboration with merchandising counterparts.
• Consistently produce concepts, participate in creative brainstorms as well as follow creative direction to reach the desired design objectives.
Required Experience //
• Bachelors’ degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related field.
• 3 + years of related design experience.
• General knowledge of footwear materials, footwear construction, colors, and design processes.
• Understanding of sourcing processes and costing implications a plus.
• Creative and detail oriented and highly motivated team player.
• Must have thorough knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including proven success in giving presentations
• Eagerness to work in a team environment
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment within the creative standards set by management.
• Limited domestic and international travel required
To apply, please submit your application via the link provided and be sure to let us know industry resource, Malakye is your source!