Women's Sportswear Merchandiser and Developer
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
• Include but not limited to the development and execution of woman’s sportswear.
• Work closely with head of Merchandising to develop product that meets company margins while maintaining design intent and quality targeted IMU goals.
• Negotiate with factory to achieve costs in order to meet target wholesale and gross margin targets. Suggest alternatives when relevant.
• Work directly with overseas suppliers to ensure they understand the design requirements.
• Participate in sourcing decisions based on volume, technique, fabrication and cost.
• Work closely with technical team to maintain brand fit standards and attend all fittings.
• Responsible for PLM management including, all sample comments and approvals.
• Partner with designer in proto review meetings to ensure accurate and detailed presentation to sales team.
• Manage time and action calendar for assigned categories to meet all deadlines. Track and approve all necessary submits of artwork, trims and packaging.
• The Merchandiser is the link between design, technical design, planning and the factories; it is essential that all communication is accurate, complete, timely and professional.
• Proficiency with basic computer applications (i.e. Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook,) are required.
• Knowledge of PLM and Full Circle is desired.
• Must be organized and work well in a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, needs to be proactive in day to day tasks, organizational and planning skills are required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with the ability to facilitate meetings are necessary.
• Ability and willingness to operate in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn and adapt to change rapidly – self-starter.
• Experienced in overseas travel is a plus!
Education and Experience:
• Must have minimum 3-5 years woman's sportswear development experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising/Product Development or related field highly preferred, but not required
Bring your dog to work throughout the year, early release during the summer, free lunches on Mon, free bagels on Wed, 60% employee discounts, casual environment, skate ramps, employee store on site