Men's SMU Designer
- United States
- 23 year(s)
- Not Available
Join our team at The La Jolla Group as an SMU Designer for O’neill Mens product! We are passionate about our products, sports, lifestyle and most importantly, our employees. We believe strongly in taking our brightest employees and advancing their careers.
We are looking for an SMU apparel & accessories designer for Men’s categories. This position will support the design and development of our special makeup's for multiple accounts. We are seeking an individual who will work well with the creative team in a fast-paced environment, has a positive attitude, is quality driven and pays close attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well with all departments, including Sourcing, Sales and Marketing, on collaborating efforts.
• Create new and profitable designs (Sportswear, Graphic Tees, Boardshorts and Accessories) specific to account requests and bring fresh ideas to the table seasonally
• Execute designated styles from inception to completion while maintaining constant communication with sourcing managers in order to meet tight deadlines
• You must supply accurate and complete cads, tech packs and art matrices
• You must be able to present ideas and designs to Sales team
• Form relationships with inline Design teams, Sales and Sourcing teams to benefit development and approval process
• 4+ years experience in design, fabric, fit and styling development
• Must have experience in Graphic and Print design
• Proficiency in a wide range of software including the latest versions of PhotoShop, illustrator
• Must be comfortable working with the Mac Platform
• Have excellent follow through skills
• Creative, detail oriented and efficient
• Must work well under pressure
• Self starter and take charge of projects
• Effectively manage multiple projects
• Lectra PLM knowledge a plus
• Prepared to do many tech packs!
Bring your dog to work throughout the year, early release during the summer, free lunches on Mon, free bagels on Wed, 60% employee discounts, casual environment, skate ramps, employee store on site