- United States
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
La Jolla Group is seeking a versatile Designer to work on special projects for various brands within the LJG portfolio.
- Responsible for technical development and execution of a portion of the mens, boys, kids line
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all cads, tech sketches, boms, and tech packs
- Must have strong print skills: creating and manipulating prints, textile repeats and art pitch sheets
- Must be proficient in executing complete tech packs in Illustrator format
- Involvement in mens processes including: fittings, reviewing strike-offs, comments to sourcing, vendor follow-up, and handovers
- Able to communicate clear ideas and know who are customer is through research and shopping
- Creates print/pattern/color mood boards for each season with design director
- Create new and improved fabrications pertaining to the appropriate categories
- 5+ years of design & product development experience
- Proficient on Mac platform specifically with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong understanding of apparel design and garment construction
- Strong knowledge in fabric and wash development
- Ability to work as a team player and take direction
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong eye for trend and color
- Highly organized
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to multi- task and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of PLM Lectra is a plus
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.