The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
Develop and oversee production lifecycle from time of development handover to receipt of product in DC. Ensure on time delivery of quality product while exceeding margin goals and maintaining product integrity. Possess the ability to see the bigger picture and influence/evolve overall department processes and efficiencies. Provide support and guidance to team members and monitor and assist staff with work progress
Essential Job Functions:
• Effectively plan and manage multiple seasons and projects from design handover through development, costing, and commercialization.
• Take lead on new sourcing initiatives and strategically allocate available resources to attain objectives
• Participate in sourcing decisions based on volume, technique, fabrication and cost
• Maintain thorough understanding and ensure vendor compliance of all customer VAS, testing, and other related requirements.
• Track and review all incoming development and provide timely comments to ensure product accuracy and integrity. Confirm updates are made in PLM to reflect any changes/comments made.
• Negotiate with vendors to lower costs in order to meet wholesale and gross margin targets. Suggest alternatives when relevant.
• Handle all daily communication with overseas vendors for assigned categories. Some factory travel overseas may be required.
• Work closely with technical team to maintain brand fit standards and attend all fittings.
• Partner with design team in proto review/meeting sample meetings to ensure accurate and detailed presentation to sales team and management.
• Establish relationships with both internal and external counterparts to facilitate smooth operations and efficient meetings/handovers.
• Create and issue all Production PO’s in Full Circle & ensure production PO’s are received, closed, or updated as required
• Manage vendor payment process including, but not limited, to invoice submission review, timely receipt of proforma invoices, debit memo issuance, and any invoice discrepancies. Ensure timely processing from all team members.
• Work closely with vendors to prioritize needs and obtain weekly WIP/Time and Action reports to ensure timely delivery of all submits and production orders.
• Oversee, manage, and mentor staff. Proper delegation of work duties and employee development to maximize employee strengths and mitigate weaknesses.