The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
We are looking for a Sourcing and Production Associate to join the team.
Develop and oversee product offering from design concept through production and ensure on time delivering of quality product while exceeding margin goals and maintaining product integrity.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple seasons and projects from design handover through development, costing, and commercialization.
• Work with BrandID/SERO to track order details and trim orders.
• Review all incoming development and provide timely comments to ensure product accuracy and integrity.
• Negotiate cost/delivery and issue/update POs to reflect all changes in PLM/Full Circle.
• Maintain thorough understanding of all customer VAS and other related requirements.
• Issue Production PO’s, inclusive of customer packaging requirements.
• Manage vendor payment process including invoice submission overview and/or timely receipt of proforma invoices if payment method is letter of credit.
• Monitor the WIP and follow up with domestic and overseas vendors to manage development and/or production schedule to ensure timely delivery.
• Create and issue all Debit Memos for offshore vendors
• Manage product testing and compliance requirements as determined by the brand and/or customer
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the product life cycle including development and production timelines.
• Proficient in specification review and product costing.
• Excellent understanding of technical and construction detail sketches & related art.
• Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Ability to wear many hats and juggle multiple projects at one time.
• Must be able to work effectively across multiple functions with business colleagues domestically and internationally
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree – Design or Merchandising or equivalent experience/training.
• Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Product Development and Production
• Intermediate computer skills with emphasis on MS Office software, Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge in Illustrator is a plus.
• Full Circle knowledge a plus
• PLM software experience also a plus
Seeing: Must be able to see well enough to read reports.
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, vendors and employees.
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about company building.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel to pick up products.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.