The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
The Associate Designer is responsible for design and execution of all product details across the product development process for all men’s and boy’s categories. The Associate Designer will create and maintain all product details, tech packs, and BOMs, in the company’s PLM system. The Associate Designer will collaborate with the Design Manager on the design and creation of the product categories assigned.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for design and execution of a men’s and boy’s, apparel and accessories
• Responsible for all design details including silhouettes, fabric, fit, print, branding and all styling details
• Responsible for maintaining all product details, tech packs, and BOMs, in the PLM system
• Must be proficient in executing complete tech packs in Illustrator format
• Ownership of designs across the product development processes including; fittings, development reviews, comments to suppliers, and seasonal style handovers
• Ownership of all design deadlines across the company’s development calendar
• Creates silhouette/detail/print/color mood boards for each season for design director to review
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong understanding of apparel design, development and garment construction
• Working knowledge of textile and trim development
• Knowledge of the marketplace, competitor’s product and the needs of O’Neill’s customer
• Ability to work as a team player and take direction
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and organize daily activities
• Strong eye for trend and color
• Strong attention to detail
• Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in operating Adobe design software and technological equipment.
• Ability to work independently and meet all design deadlines
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.