You will be an expedition leader in this exciting role at Seattle Manufacturing Corp (SMC), where we design and build high-quality, American made products that our customers in the Safety, Rescue and Mountaineering industries love and depend on. You will be working at a fun, innovative, and rapidly growing small business with an opportunity to make a big impact while utilizing your diverse skills.
As our Sales and Marketing Director, you will work across all our vertical markets with revenue quota responsibility, in a position based out of our Ferndale, WA headquarters. You will prospect, qualify and close sales opportunities with both new and existing accounts that may include: retailers, distributors, and OEM or private label manufacturing accounts. You will take the lead role in developing and executing a marketing programs across our various market segments.
Some of the things you will be doing include:
• Develop and execute overall sales strategy for the Company – both nationally and internationally
• Represent SMC and demonstrate the proper use of our products at trade shows, in-person sales calls, conferences, training, etc.
• Manage all aspects of the sales process including lead generation, qualification, evaluation, close and account management while meeting or exceeding direct sales goals
• Help define a marketing strategy and manage execution of the plan with a strong commitment to adherence to developed budgets
• Management of the Company Website
• Develop and manage a sales and marketing team
• Overseeing the successful launch of an impressive lineup of new products currently in development
• Work with the product development team on packaging and user instructions
• Coordinate internal resources throughout the sales cycle, including R&D and engineering support
• Monitor industry directions/trends and share with management team for future product development ideas
• Be an integral part of the management team with opportunities to contribute to the direction and success of the Company
• Work effectively within a team environment to maximize revenue potential and ensure customer success
• Other related duties as assigned
• Travel required, including trade shows
Who you are:
• Self-Starter. You are able to develop a plan and efficient route to reach your targeted goals
• Self-Confident. You are a team player who can communicate ideas and suggest alternative routes effectively and logically
• Experienced. You have at least seven years of direct sales and marketing experience, preferably in an exploratory role focused on landing strategic new customers and you are comfortable with selling and marketing niche products (and if you’ve sold or used mountaineering, safety or rescue products that would be a plus). History of working with a rapidly growing company to help us navigate the opportunities and mitigate the hurdles that are common with rapid growth will be beneficial.
• Amazing Customer Service Mindset. You have the ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline with a proven track record of handling a large number of account relationships.
• Excellent Communicator: You have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with team members, dealers, distributors and the public.
What we are looking for:
A self-directed and resourceful person willing to do whatever it takes to reach the top in life and in business. Bachelor's Degree (or higher) with a technical or business focus preferred. Evangelist. You “get it” and understand our company slogan “Quality Gear for Life”. You believe SMC products are the best in the world and can effectively sell our products by demonstrating their value in the markets we serve, you want to be a contributing member of a winning team, and you want to have fun along the way. You will continue to uphold and direct exceptional customer service that SMC prides itself on. Our culture is casual yet serious as our products often are utilized in life and death situations. We are passionate about our products and our mission and we are loyal to each other, our partners and our community. We value work/life balance and making a difference in the world!