Entry to Mid-Level Designer (Full Time)
- United States
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
The Arbor Collective is seeking a mid-level designer to join us in our office / showroom in Venice Beach, only 150 yards from the surf. We're looking for someone ready to gain experience working in a fun, dynamic and tightly held Action Sports Company with a focus on snowboards, skateboards and apparel.
***Relocation assistance is not offered. If you are out of commuting range please note you would need to be ready, willing, and able to relocate yourself***
The right candidate will assist in the design and production for apparel and board graphics while designing marketing assets ranging from web banners to catalogs. This candidate will need to work collaboratively and be able to take direction from Creative Director as well as be able to take constructive criticism in a collaborative environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
• Expertise using Adobe Photoshop CC, InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, etc. in a MAC environment.
• Skilled in Graphic Design, layout and typography
• Must be detail oriented, organized, collaborative, hardworking and punctual.
• Experience adjusting and editing photos (ie, color correction, manipulation, clipping etc.)
• Strong illustration skills
• In-depth understanding of contemporary design principals including typography and layout.
• Ability to draw and sketch effectively
• Knowledge of offset printing, screen printing and sublimation processes and techniques
• Outdoor or Action Sports apparel industry experience is a plus
• Interest and participation in snowboarding, skateboarding, and/or surfing is a big plus
• Create progressive brand and campaign appropriate materials for use online and in print along with all associated marketing materials
• Assist in the design development and production for snowboard, skateboard and apparel graphics
• Designing seasonal catalogs and line sheets
• Adjust and touch-up photos for use in print and online
• Research, identify and share current industry design trends
• Medical / Dental / 401k available after probationary period
• Paid Vacation (accrued), sick and personal days
• Paid Holidays
ABOUT THE ARBOR COLLECTIVE:
The Arbor Collective is an expanding cooperative of athletes, designers, artists and friends, whose shared mission is bringing together forward thinking design, progressive technology and thought provoking art with the most sustainable production solutions available. For those of us who snowboard, skate, surf or simply thrive on getting outside, protecting the planet is about the environments we use everyday. To that end, the Arbor Collective continues building on a 24-year legacy of supporting the snowboard, skateboard and apparel experience with the most environmentally responsible, next-level product possible.
SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Qualified Individuals - Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio through Malakye