QuietKat is a subsidiary of Vista Outdoor.
The Manager of Product Development is responsible for the development of industry-leading concepts from ideation through prototyping, initial development, and final development. This position works directly with the Director of Operations with close input from Sales, Brand Management, and Marketing, to drive our projects from conception to commercialization. You will develop and prove out technical, manufacturable, and consumer-valued product concepts and technical abilities that ultimately support future products that provide a benefit to the consumer, while striving to achieve or exceed standards beyond state of the art for return value to the company. The ideal candidate will be passionate about riding on two wheels, has exceptional mechanical engineering skills, a keen eye for design, and a desire to be at the forefront of bicycle design.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and leads all product development activities for QuietKat to meets defined brief requirements and applicable safety standards
- Leads the project management team for development of new e-bikes, components and accessories to bring new products to market including sourcing, sampling to mass production.
- Contributes creative solutions to problems identified along with Supply Chain, Customer Experience, and Brand Management; contributes creative concepts for problems yet to be identified
- Manages product certifications and safety compliance (example: UL, Certifications, Testing, CPSC Compliance).
- Manages App development for QuietKat products.
- Outlines strategies for proof of solutions and concepts
- Writes and maintains project schedules
- Maintains individual project budgets
- Leads manufacturing engineers, working with operations group, and suppliers to improve cost and ease of manufacturing
- Direct efforts of inside and outside resources to create drawings, models and working prototypes
- Directs manufacturing engineers, outside resources, and suppliers to design and build tools and tooling, both in-house and at our overseas manufacturing facilities
- Keep informed of the latest developments in the field by reading trade journals, individual contacts, and attendance at appropriate meetings and trade shows.
- Takes on platform level projects.
- Provide leadership to staff.
- Maintain communications with suppliers overseas continuously using chat and video conferencing technologies. This will require work beyond the typical 9am-5pm hours.
- Works with cross-functional leaders to support overall business operations, coordinate communications for the QuietKat Business Unit
- Attracts, develops and retains “A” players through networking, training, coaching, developing, and assigning stretch goals
- Continually assesses and improves competitiveness of all policies and practices against relevant comparable companies and industries
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations