- Rip Curl
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Rip Curl is in search of an Associate Designer to join the team at headquarters in Costa Mesa, CA.
Position Summary //
This role is responsible for assisting in the design and development of a complete, well balanced and market leading sportswear and accessory collections. The assistant designer will be responsible from the point of conception to execution of the end product with an emphasis placed on current market trends, quality, and construction.
Department // Mens Surfwear
Reports to // Senior Boardshort Designer
Role Accountabilities //
1.) Seasonal Research
• Extensive research is required on fabrics, fits, print/yarn dye techniques, trims, branding and new developments to ensure that Rip Curl is market leading in the sportswear and accessory categories
• Conduct domestic shopping and online research within the surf market and trend forward avenues
• Identify new looks for Rip Curl in order to evolve the brand
• Complete accurate tech packs for each style including relevant codes, colorways and artwork colorways
• Liaise with Product Development to complete approval & salesman sample comments
• Assist in designing apparel categories including: Boardwalks and yarn dye art from concept to production ready art (i.e. stripes, plaids, etc.)
• Design the accessory line from concept to completion
• Assist in designing and develop the sportswear and accessory product range to the LBS requirements
• Design and develop all sportswear and accessory SMU styles
• Design to key brand values and Rip Curl culture (The Search, technology, fun, irreverence)
• Design to matrix format for internal and external pre-lining
• Follow regional design timeline process
• Work with all involved departments to ensure timely delivery of new product for range reviews, print/yarn dye reviews, sample reviews, scheduled photo shoots and range release
Qualification & Experience Requirements //
• The ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Ability to work within rigid deadline parameters
• Accurately predict fashion trends and implement in a timely fashion into range / injection developments
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• A belief and understanding of the Rip Curl brand values.
• Highly organized, with the ability to coordinate numerous concurrent projects
• Highly tenacious in following through detail problems
• Flexibility of working outside normal working hours.
To Apply //
Please submit your brief cover letter, resume and portfolio samples through Malakye.