Rip Curl is a brand for, and about, the crew on The Search. The products we make, the events we run, the riders we support, and the values we strive to uphold… this is all part of the Search that Rip Curl is on.
Rip Curl, the Ultimate Surfing Company.
ABOUT THE ROLE //
The Product Manager for Equipment & Accessories and Mountainwear is responsible to lead all aspects of their product division(s). From the first stage of research, through range development and design, sourcing and successful sell through at retail and finally inventory management at the end of the season. This role is ultimately responsible for the sales, GP, expenses and final contribution of their division(s).
• Market Research - Conduct thorough market research each season to identify how, why and when customers go about making their buying decisions.
• Segmentation - Through the market research process, a clear customer segmentation structure should be developed to lead into the range development process.
• Range Planning – develop a line plan that will meet the needs of each segment of customer and is considered to be a large enough segment that it justifies a style (or styles) within the range structure.
• Range Structure – decide on the product groups to include, as well as product segmentation you need in each product group.
• Creative Look and Feel – Ensure that the design theme(s) and color stories for each seasons release are consistent with the North American market needs and have symmetry with the themes and colors merchandise back to the primary men’s and girls messages.
• Organize the Key Approval Meetings; range planning, range review 1 and final range review.
Design & Development
• Design Objective – work with the global design unit(s) to ensure that we design and develop the most sought after, on trend and high quality products possible to our customer.
• Management of Timelines and Workload – ensure that the calendar is achievable and efficient.
• Design Brief – develop a design brief that provides clear direction on product group, product segment, customer segment, target pricing, creative inspiration and color requirements.
Planning and Purchasing
• Forecasting – approve the forecasted sales by style and color using history and current information to provide the finance department for budgeting and the sourcing department to plan seasonal demands.
• Predicting – approve the quanitities by style and color for PO’s.
• Ensure that all product is purchased on a date that will provide on time delivery.
• Pre-Release Review – meet with key accounts and Rip Curl retail at a time when you can react to information you receive and get buy in from those retailers.
• Sales Meeting – this is an important time to sell the result of many months of work to the sales force and to outline driver styles and key styles for the season.
• Line Release – attend key account line showings to understand the buyers needs and their reaction to the product line.
• Sales Management – Work with the VP of Sales and the sales force to develop sales goals, manage the account order deadlines, review all accounts sales vs. sales goal, review top accounts orders in detail to ensure proper sell in, monitor key accounts sell out and manage key account inventory movements.
• Go To Market – work with the marketing department on all primary and secondary go to market messages. The primary marketing message should be developed with the global and regional product and marketing teams.
• Catalog – collaborate with the marketing department to develop divisional catalogs that portray the brand and brand values while featuring key products.
Rip Curl – DTC
• Work closely with Retail and Ecom buyers to ensure proper seasonal assortments to best represent the division.
• Work closely with Retail and Ecom buyer along with VM to execute the merchandising plan in store and online.
• Work with Retail store management and staff to ensure proper training and product knowledge.
• Work with Outlet team to ensure aged inventory flows in line with inventory calendar.
• Be aware of products shipped and not shipped from the warehouse.
• Monitor stock levels to take action on re-orders and problem styles that may need to be discounted or liquidated at season end.
• Manage discounting and stock liquidation.
• Ensure that syles are sold out in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
• Clear understanding of product design and development process
• Strong understanding of market trends
• Excellent organizational skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proactive approach to work, and adherence to deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to various situations
• Good judgment and analytical abilities
• Ability to cope with pressure, and multiple deadlines with competing priorities
• Strong computer skills, must be efficient in excel program
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with fellow co-workers
• Committed to maintaining high personal ethics and standards
• Minimum of 3 years in product management
• Minimum of 3 years industry experience
Please click apply button and let us know you found it on Malakye