Elastic, a division of Emerald X, is seeking a VP, Product. Elastic is a B2B ecommerce and digital merchandising solution, serving the unique business needs of world-class manufacturers and retailers, currently existing as an Enterprise solution and our newly developed Digital Market platform.
We’re looking for a digital product visionary to lead the continued evolution and rollout of the Elastic solution across Emerald’s customer categories. Through a customer-first lens, the VP, Product will build and continue to iterate on Elastic’s world-class B2B commerce product. This role is equally strategic and tactical. You’ll own the end-to-end product life cycle across all product lines, from developing product positioning, vision, and functional specifications, to developing and executing the roadmap for rollout, to customer enablement and success.
To drive Elastic’s growth in a strategic way, the best candidate for this role will be an expert in the latest ecommerce products, well versed in UI/UX innovation, and present a strong history of listening to customer needs and translating them into practical, streamlined solutions. Working with engineering counterparts, you thrive on rapid-paced delivery of product features and functionality that can be measured, tested and continuously optimized. You’ll have a history of articulation of product vision and capacity to build to that vision, with a strong executive presence, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to interpret and communicate data as actionable insights.
• Shape and deliver a product roadmap, working in a lean and iterative way to release improvements to customers early and often
• Define, represent and communicate product strategy and roadmap to all stakeholders
• Through customer contact and industry research, understand nuances of various commercial category segments and the requirements for success in B2B ecommerce within those segments
• Develop and execute a go-to-market strategy & plan in collaboration with category-specific marketing, sales, sales enablement, support and customer success
• Collaborate with finance/pricing on understanding pricing elasticity, subscription rates and bundling opportunities with live events
• Enable new product/feature discovery culture through rapid experimentation, customer research, A/B testing, and design thinking. Inform decisions with qualitative and quantitative data Articulate and document workflows to identify areas of opportunity and functional gaps
• Leverage market analysis, insights into industry trends, competitive knowledge, and extensive customer research to help define and prioritize the product roadmap
• Collaborate closely with the marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities for growth and competitive differentiation through new features or services
• Collaborate with Engineering teams to deliver high-impact and high-quality product releases on time
• Oversee and innovate on our global UX design system
• Partner with Sales, Customer Success, customers and prospects to understand customer pain points and problems and solicit feedback on potential solutions
• Oversee the Product Backlog as part of an agile development process
• Constantly monitor product development sprints, measure effectiveness & usability of features, and evaluate the success of the product
• Regularly engage directly with customers to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes
• Create visibility and alignment across the company about what the product priorities are and why
• Contribute feedback to business documents consisting of product briefs, epics, user stories, and functional
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Targeted Compensation: $150,000+/year (Bonus eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position, and may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications. You can reach our team at [email protected]
if you have questions about the posted range.
Emerald offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an uncapped vacation policy for exempt team members, sick days, short-term and long-term disability, maternity and parental leave, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.