Curtin Maritime is an industry disruptor creating great changes by our core values of; efficiency, innovation and integrity. We are a young company experiencing a rapid growth that is looking to expand while still maintaining our small company values. We are known as an industry leader with high quality and well maintained tugs, barges, and cranes. Our team provides customers with a complete suite of maritime solutions, allowing us the great opportunity to work on unique projects in some of the most amazing locations on earth.
What we are looking for:
Curtin Maritime is looking for innovative thinkers who have a high level of accountability, ownership, and take pride in their work.
The People Services Manager is responsible for the documentation and compliance during the hiring and development of Curtin Maritime team. This role will be playing a critical role in developing job descriptions, job postings, and on hiring of new employees. The manager will also be responsible for the documentation and compliance in all human resource matters. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Employee relations, recruitment/employment, onboarding, policy implementation, and performance management. Works with company leaders to design and implement strategies that foster the organization and people development. This role requires strong communication and analytical skills, the ability to quickly adapt to changes and to translate company goals into People Services capabilities needed to achieve results.
• Managing the hiring process, including advertising open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, drafting offer letters.
• Update and communicate company job descriptions and organizational chart.
• Managing the on-boarding process for new employees.
• Maintaining up-to-date personnel information and files.
• Administering employee benefits.
• Completing and submitting paperwork to external agencies.
• Maintaining the employee handbook and organizational staffing chart.
• Overseeing the annual employee review process.
• Ensuring management actions conform to employee handbook and labor laws.
• Creating policies and procedures.
• Tracking employee performance documentation.
• Addressing personnel-related issues.
• Participating in disciplinary and termination meetings.
• Work with company leaders to make informed, data-driven decisions relating to pre-hire, promotions, staffing strategy, and culture.
• Assist in the development of People initiatives and programs (e.g., Performance Reviews, Training & Development, Retention, Culture, etc.)
• Provide support for talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations.
• Productive partnership with Legal, Talent, Operations and Leadership.
• Supports department managers in establishing and implementing their specific training programs.
Tasks and Duties:
• Handle core People Services processes such as recruiting, New-hires/Terminations, performance management, I-9, Benefits management.
Administers various People Services plans and procedures for all organization personnel; supports the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for administering New Hire packets, Onboarding and HRIS updates.
2. Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises, as necessary.
3. Conducts recruitment efforts for positions as needed including casual, hourly and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; monitors career-path program; writes and places advertisements.
4. Handles employee relations counseling and Exit Interviews.
5. Maintains company organization charts.
6. Collaborates with Payroll manager to audit departmental records and information as needed or required by local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations. i.e. I-9’s and HR Forms.
7. Preemployment Drug screens and physical
Skills, Aptitudes, Qualifications and Certifications:
Mental Aptitudes Required:
• Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to answer questions and convey complex information to management and staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Aptitudes Required:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• Ability to use stairs on a regular basis.
• Ability to acquire and maintain a TWIC and valid Driver’s License if required to drive for work.
Tests, Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent years of related experience.
• HRCI or SHRM Certification Preferred