Backroads is the world’s #1 active travel company. Since 1979, we’ve been doing what we do best: taking people on unforgettable active vacations around the world. What sets us apart? Our thoughtful, meticulous trip design. Our elegant hotels and world-class dining. And our Trip Leaders, who are consistently described by our guests as the best guides they’ve ever had. Backroads sets the benchmark for incredible biking, hiking and multi-adventure trips worldwide. Never subcontracted, in more than 65 countries and with more dates to choose from than any other company. That’s the Backroads standard.
We are currently hiring Guest Services Specialists for an April 18th start.
These positions are seasonal (April - October) in our office in Berkeley. Shifts are five days per week, 7 am - 4 pm or 8 am - 5 pm. Weekend shifts are required.
Who You Are:
Do you love talking to people and have a passion for travel and being active outdoors? Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves helping people? Are you resourceful, a team player with a positive attitude, and solution-oriented? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have an opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Guest Services Specialists to join our Sales team! This is an entry-level, fast-paced inbound customer contact role. You’ll provide excellent service as you consult with our guests about Backroads trips via phone and e-mail. Along with developing an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Backroads trips, policies, procedures, and systems, you will also be responsible for administrative tasks, such as collecting information, taking payments, and communicating policies and terms. You’ll enthusiastically and knowledgeably prepare our guests for their amazing Backroads adventure.
What You’ll Need:
• Customer service experience and a true willingness to exceed guest expectations with every interaction.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) in a written assessment
• Ability to multi-task (e.g., maintain a conversation on the phone while navigating on the computer and taking notes) and perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in using computers, both for data entry, as well as for rapid navigation through systems and the internet to search for information to help support our customers
• Ability to adapt to change with the business needs of the company
• Flexibility to shift schedule and work overtime as needed by the business unit
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient with complex computer and phone systems. Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required.
• Domestic and/or international travel experience preferred.
• Enthusiastic about working for Backroads and have a passion for active travel and the outdoors.