Digital Designer - Giro
- Giro Sport Design
- United States
- Scotts Valley, CA (Santa Cruz Area)
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
At Giro we believe that everything deserves design. This position will focus on design and production for the Giro Digital Marketing and E-Commerce team. This position will use their experience in e-commerce / interactive design to help develop standards for best practices in creative for all browsers and devices. This person will work closely with the Brand Design team and developers to help create the visual and functional aspects of our many digital initiatives. We are looking for an action-oriented free thinker who is inspired by art and life outside of our industry. Someone that loves to ride and have the ability to filter these inspirations and passions through the Giro design language to produce unique, market appropriate materials. Someone with a passion for user interface design and enjoy crafting elegant digital experiences based on user experience analytics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply pre-existing brand and campaign design language to brand website and/or digital media platforms.
- Design web media banners and marketing spots for ecommerce.
- Translate marketing briefs into detailed page layouts, wireframes, system flows and user interface elements while sticking to the brand design guidelines.
- Keep up with industry trends and apply new ideas as appropriate.
- Design monthly email graphics that are related to larger brand and e-commerce marketing stories.
- Manage multiple projects to successful completion in an organized, efficient, and timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure the integrity of design is preserved through development, QA, and production.
- Continuously collaborate as a core member of the team.
Education and Training:
- 2-4 years experience in hands-on Visual/Web Design
- BA in Graphic Design or related field (experience in lieu of degree is acceptable)
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to turn around projects quickly and accurately.
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet deadlines.
- Work well in a collaborative team setting.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle constructive criticism.
- A strong understanding of current web design best practices, styles and methodology.
- Proper use of typography; including font styling, kerning and leading.
- Ability to work from existing style guides and grid based design.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop CS6.
- Expert with image compression, file correction, and optimization techniques.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS and how it relates to Design.
- Ability to code table-less pages.
- Understanding of current HTML specifications.
- Strongly Desired: Familiarity with web technologies, including HTML 5.
- Familiarity with Web 2.0/Emerging Technologies.
- Understanding of video compression techniques and codes.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical & dental, vision, disability & life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!