Video Producer - Giro
- Giro Sport Design
- United States
- Scotts Valley, CA (Santa Cruz Area)
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
The primary responsibility of this role is to film and edit Giro’s in-house video content. This role will directly support Giro’s Digital Marketing team and work alongside Brand Marketing and Sports Marketing to produce product and brand related content. This position will own the video production process, and must have the confidence and communication skills to perform and execute video productions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce and execute video content for Giro Cycling and Giro Snow.
- Manage a video production calendar that lists video production shoot days, travel, equipment needs, and editing days.
- Work with internal staff (brand marketing, sports marketing, etc.), as well as external resources (creative agencies, videographers, photographers, writers, editors, etc.), to help keep projects on track for an on-time execution.
- Create and manage production budgets for each individual shoot, items include travel, equipment needs, food, lodging, press passes, etc.
- Work in tandem with the Digital Content Team to create detailed story boards and scripts that fit the needs of each individual video.
- Create motion graphic animations for video intros, credits, and titling.
- Manage and catalogue all Giro video assets.
- Contribute to planning and management of all lifestyle/action photo and video shoots across all Giro categories (Giro Bike, Giro Snow, helmets, goggles, footwear, softgoods).
- Contribute to planning and management of all product videos.
- Support Digital Marketing team.
- Travel to key events and provide real-time social media updates/videos/images.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor Degree preferred, equivalent experience considered
- Experience filming and editing video.
- Experience in journalism or marketing with hands-on experience producing video content.
- A minimum of two years experience in consumer sporting goods industry.
- A strong understanding of marketing desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Cloud software and post-production workflow. Software including but not limited to: Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Manage and maintain a full video production kit that is available to travel on short notice
- Must know the practical uses of various camera technologies, such as high-frame-rate recording, video compression, and the use of various lenses and lens filters
- Demonstrated knowledge of editing techniques and color theory in order to influence the audience’s perception
- Must be able to produce high quality content while in the field and on tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Passion for and good knowledge of action sports industry and trends.
- Willingness to travel internationally, domestically.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage internal and external resources while maintaining a team atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Expresses team mentality at all times - “no task too small.”
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical & dental, vision, disability & life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!